Friday, September 23, 2011

Welcome to the New Apartment..........

.........um.......yeah...........excuse the mess...........but i thought you'd like a peek........Whats it like going from 1600 square feet to about 600 sq ft. ? um....well yeah.....you guessed it , it sucks.....The frig is about half the size of the one i'm putting in storage......the stove going in storage is a glass top i've had for years.......lets just say Jinx and i are adapting......Hubby says home is wherever he lays his head next to mine.......he's the greatest right?
We are still seeing this as temporary.......we've only brought the bare necessities as we see it. Its a two bedroom and the second bedroom is full of all our worldly possessions in boxes. I should have taken a pic of that, maybe next time.......All the big furniture that we are not carrying up to this second floor apt is being stored down hubby's parents place a little south of here( including my big and apparently heavy art table). They have a barn but apparently we've just learned theres no room in the barn cause hubby's brother is working on his truck in there so our stuff will have to be under a carport for a while until he finishes up the truck....yeah.........didn't expect that.......i'm trying not to hyperventilate. I was already a little nervous about the barn thing now its a carport.......but its free......sigh.....
So everything that is coming up here is up here. You see that blanket with the big cat on it? We've had that thing our entire 22 year marriage and hubs had it before that. He brought it home from Korea when he was stationed there. It so wonderfully thick and heavy and no matter where we are it makes it feel like home to crawl underneath it.
Everything i have with me there are a few things i've left behind........I no longer have to worry about watering the trees and plants and worry if the huge trees out front are going to die from lack of rain.......I no longer have to worry if our 12 year old airconditioner which is two years past warranty is going to die on us after laboring thru these awful summers.....I no longer have to be aggravated with our neighbor ( the one who bought the house by the way) running his pick up up and down the shared driveway 50 times a day (no idea how they afford the gas to run as much as they do) or race his four wheelers and dirt bikes up and down the road........I no longer have to worry if all the remodeling projects we had going around the house would ever get done.....
Things i know i'll miss.........privacy.........sure i had neighbors but they were at least 100 yards away..........i'll miss standing on my porch having a conversation with the moon..........my bird feeders and bird bath and all the entertainment they brought me. I'll miss space........i think once you've lived in the country and owned your own home nothing less will ever do.......Apartment living is so depressing........i don't see how people do it honestly......To be cramped in such small spaces so close to other people......We'll do this but its gotta GOTTA be just a step to something better.........I pray the powers that be have something better in store for us.............
We have one more day of moving stuff.........tonight we move all the big stuff like i said down south........Hubs and i have done all the moving ourselves up until now but some big burly guys are coming over to help lift the big stuff onto the trailer (read frig, stove , washer and dryer, wall unit, roll top desk....) I'm hoping enough show up that i can take a much needed break from lifting.......body is sending out signals that enough is enough........I want to wipe down the frig and pick up trash and such around the house before we hand over the keys.......take a final walkthru..... Whew! aren't you glad this is almost over???? Hugs! deb

9 comments:

laurie said...

I know how you feeland I think everything looks great.We sold our house we had lived in for 33 years on the lake and moved into a 600 square foot 9th floor apartment.We went from 4 bedrooms, basement and garage to this,, its a journey,, good roads bad roads but in the end so worth it..try not to over do,, I know its hard because everthing is calling to you and we want things done NOW but its not worth making yourself ill.Best wishes in your new home,,(I love that blanket! and the story with it,,)

Whimsey Creations said...

Deb, I know it must be tough to loose 1000 square feet of space. Try to think of each thing as an opportunity - a challenge to yourself to make it the absolute BEST tiniest space. Since you know eventually you'll have something bigger, but you don't know how long it will be - make it really homey while you're there. Big hugs!

F. McButter Pants said...

Wow! Good for you to list the things that won't be missed. You can talk to the moon any where, really.

You will make this place your own. How much longer will the brother be working on his truck? I would be hyperventilating too. Things will work out,they always do.

Can't wait to see what you do with the place. I forgot, do you guys have jobs? I am a little behind with you. Sorry, school has been kicking my butt, time wise.

gamma3 said...

it is cute. has personality, won't be there long, right? you are to be commended for all you have done here lately. jinx will adapt too. as long as she has you near. stay strong.

pat said...

Hey Deb,
Referring back to the fabric painting; I remembered that I also used a black fabric marker pen for lines. Looks like you are pretty busy with life. :>)

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Big transition, get some rest when this is over. Snuggle up with that big cat. xox Corrine Oh and Jinx too.

2smart said...

Hope you are 'getting there' day by day. Love your philosophy and your doodles. Thanks for visiting my page, and yes I try REALLY hard to save stuff in B&W after I completed the first of my alphabets and realised I needed to make changes!!!!!

Tanya said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. We are in Jamaica because hubby works in hotel industry so we get to move around a lot. Its not that I'm not happy just been a tough move but slowly getting adjusted. Hope you are getting settled in your new place. Have a good week :)

Teri C said...

You are really having a time of transition. Take a deep breath and enjoy each day and whatever surprise is in store.
Hugs