Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Gone Fishing.........

Monday , Columbus Day we decided to get out of our little cubicle called home and break out the fishing poles. We haven't picked up those poles in years.....just never any time.....or energy....or....whatever. Well when we were lugging stuff to the apartment or storage i made sure to lug them up to the apartment and into a closet ...just incase.... If we found some free time while living in the apartment it wasn't gonna get gobbled up by yard work cause....what yard? or hubby needing to work on the house....what house or his shop....you get the picture. So Monday morning hubs cleaned up the reels , made sure they worked , put on the sinkers and hooks, grabbed a bag of chips and soda and two folding chairs and we were out the door. Really beautiful day, temps around 70 a little breeze. It was so nice to just be outside, sit and relax in each others company, no agenda. Hubs was the fish pro this trip. My casting was beautiful. I hadn't forgot how to cast in almost 15 years since i think we last picked up a pole. But apparently i forgot how to set a hook in the fish.......sigh..... Only the babies were biting. The bass above is the biggest we caught. We used worms.....ick......i totally know how to put a worm on the hook....growing up with two brothers virtually guaranteed that....I could always go fishing with them if i wanted but i had to bait my own hook ....that was the deal and take my own fish off....that was the deal and to be honest i'm grateful to them for teaching me that. And i would have done anything to spend time with them. But it doesn't mean i LIKE getting slimed or worm poop all over so when your sweety offers to put the worm on the hook for you , you know its gonna be a good day LOL!
So we sat and talked and listened to the bugs hum and watched our bobbers bob. I did manage to hook a small bass. ....even smaller than the one pictured above. And as soon as i got him ashore he fell off the hook and hubs scooped him up and threw him back in. So you'll just have to take my word for it that i caught a fish. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it! :) But more important i caught some time spent with honey. Time well spent........Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a lovely day!

eileen said...

Sounds like my kind of day. One with no agenda...these are the type of days that stick in one's "good memories" file.

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Sounds like a perfect day, we should all find a way to have more of those. xox Corrine

Carol said...

OMG - how have I been away for so long? I'm not sure what happened to me. I stopped blogging on the blog that no one else was blogging on and I just didn't click the blogger button to see what everyone was up to. And now you have moved into an apartment and continue to be on hold! I hope you are getting adjusted to the state of limbo. I think that is the worst thing about it. We had to go to a rental for 3 months because the old house sold before the new one was finished. Just doesn't feel like home does it? I hope you were smarter than me. I only took 2 plates, 2 cups, 2 spoons, 2 forks, etc. I was constantly doing dishes - LOL! Anyway, I hope something pans out soon and in the meantime take advantage of your shorter "TO DO" list and get out there and walk, bike, run, and fish!!

gamma3 said...

it is so refreshing to hear of the time spent with hubby. you can hear the love in the words you write. it is rare to hear of two mates spending time together and enjoying it like the two of you do. this love will last forever. (worm poop?)