Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Okaaaay.....I'll come clean..........

..........I've been in a funk........do you ever get in a funk?......sigh......but the last few days i've been making a herculean effort to 'get out of the funk'. I think its just being stuck here...in this apartment.....wanting to get to California in the worst way to start our life and instead here we sit......literally....my butt is getting bigger by the minute.......so yesterday i dug down deep grabbed myself by the seat of my pants and THREW myself out the door for a much needed walk in the air and sunshine .
I mean i live close to EVERYTHING now......i can walk to the grocery store and the bookstore even Hobby Lobby and the movie theatre......there really is no reason to be in this funk......even my bike is chained to the front porch of this apartment.....no excuses.......except i'm not where i want to be.....and that weighs heavy on the soul no matter the bright spin i try to put on everything........ But i'm going to try harder......the most important thing i think is just not to sit in this apartment all day.......walking or bike riding i need to get out and i think this is the week to tackle that. I'm riding high on yesterdays pleasant outing. I was gone about 1 and a half hours to 2 hours made a huge circle.......stopped in Tuesday Morning to browse around and walked out empty handed....horray for me! Today i think the bike and i have a date. It will mean riding in traffic a little and i'm not a big fan of that but thats just in the beginning then its quiet housing developments and then country road.......
I've managed to work on the drawing some more........I'm lovin' the colors........but i'm not loving the green squiggles at the bottom..........not much i can do about it now.......I'm hoping i will like them better when its all said and done.........just think how easy that would be to wipe out if this was a canvas??? I'm liking the idea of painting more and more......lol........I think i will scan this in as is when finished but then fiddle with it some more.......i think i'd be happier if it was just plan bricks at the bottom instead of those squiggles, but see how i overlapped everything?? I can't just cut off the bottom. I have a thought though at what i might do so we'll just have to wait and see.........I colored one of the roses and it looks scrumptious but i don't have a photo of it yet.......I have my nose in a new book.......another sleeper.......The Aviary Gate by Katie Hickman......i say sleeper only because i've never heard of the book or author before but maybe you have and she's well known??? Anyway ........no news on the job front......did i tell you hubs found out that theres a letter from the VA giving him job preference that he was supposed to be sending out with his resumes??? Yeah....lovely how people keep you informed........you better know the right questions to ask cause no one is going to volunteer information.......wow we've really found that out the hard way on this little expedition......anyway so he has some resumes out there with that letter attached now see if it helps......the preference is because the VA spent all this money sending him to college and now they expect him to find a job in that field. Hope you STILL have your fingers crossed for us.........hugs! deb

3 comments:

gamma3 said...

fingers , toes, and legs, and any thing else. you will get this i can feel it in my bones. i love the new drawing. but did you say a rose was colored in. missed it. can alvin go back and attach to his original res? chin up girlfriend.

MB Shaw said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the title of yours - learning to just breathe.....crazy we have to remind ourselves, huh? But I do too!!! :)
Have a wonderful day.

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Funks happen, keep drawing, keep dreaming! xox Corrine