Monday, November 21, 2011

Sorry.........

..........I've been gone so long.....wrestling with the idea of not blogging anymore.......its funny how that just seems to keep coming around.......but here i'am with my favorite thing to blog about..ART! Remember this kitty???? Well a person whose opinion i hold dear nicknamed it my 'StrokeCat' because she says half its face looks like it had a stroke.......!! Well that ofcourse caused me to reevaluate this poor kitty.........and after close inspection decided she was on to something here........and i decided it really was not the whole face but the left eye was definitely higher than the right so against my better judgment i dived in and reworked the left eye. Below is the result................... ............I think it looks 'better'......i don't think i have it quite right yet. I think i need to work on the tilt of that eye some more.......i hesitate to work on it as at some point you just need to leave well enough alone or you'll end up making it worse. I can't help but wonder if what little is still 'off ' will correct itself in the coloring in process. But i probably will try to tilt that eye a little more...... ......I've been working on the background.........do you like my crystal ball???.....putting in the details........i love the words on the hat.........the little critic in my pocket (aka the one who called it a 'stroke cat') will not like the words........I have a penchant for putting words in my drawings....i don't know why.......there just something incredibly mysterious about 'something wicked this way comes'.....OOOOOooooooo LOL! So when it comes down to finalizing it i will probably make a scanned image without the words and one with the words........ Do you have a critic you trust??? Someone who ofcourse can only give their opinion but will give you their honest opinion and not try to gloss it over. I find mine priceless. I just have to teach her to let me down easy as i could have cried when she laughed and called it a Stroke Cat.......hello sensitive artist here! lol........this kitty is my baby that i have truly labored over and love...... :) Hugs! deb PS. Nothing new on the job front........a few prospects out there but i'm not loading the UHAUL yet........sigh.......... Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

2 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I like that chrystal ball, and the kitty makes me smile, good for you to keep it up, quite good! xox Corrine

F. McButter Pants said...

Glad you checked in. Love the kitty. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. Any word on the job front?? Just wondered. Thinking about and sending good thoughts your way.