Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This is not the time to chicken out............

Two things finally happened this week...........One, I put the last shingle on the bird feeder. Let me hear a hallelujah! I even took it outside and put it on the balcony so you could see it without artificial light. Isn't it lovely? Can't you just see it with birdseed and cardinals and bluejays and chickadees??? Now ......envision is with a copper capped roof and maybe little caps on the side with a round dollhouse window on each end.........However those will not show up until i place it on a pole in my new yard....................... Do i seem brave to you? I'm really not. I have my moments........I have found over the years that yes i do have a back bone. Its not something you would notice first about me though. You'd have to get to know me. But i know its there for me when i need it.....especially when i need it for the ones i love........Word came last night that hubby finally has his first job interview!!! Its for an IT position (which is what his degree is in) GS 9/11 in Redding , CA. .............apparently they have several positions open so its looking pretty good. His interview is tomorrow at noon...........................................................................................................................................................
I have never in my entire life been good at change... I thrive in the status quo........in the mundane.........structure.........but theres a wild side to me that begs to be set free every now and then. I don't know who i inherited that gene from...........maybe some long lost aunt or uncle on my family tree...........maybe its because i'm a cancer swayed by the moon.........my husbands sheer, utter unhappiness at his job touched me and tapped into my wild side. In a moment of complete abandon i embraced the idea of selling the house and uprooting and moving halfway across the nation. I had visions of being near family thats there and redwoods and rainy days (weeks, months) , the Pacific Ocean................ but now i've had time and that wild moment has passed and the other half of me is wondering 'what in the hell were you thinking?'. Leaving everything you know for the unknown. I'm not happy where i'm at but what if its worse where i'm going....See the 'wild side' doesn't think about stuff like that. The 'wild side' just embraces life.
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Hubby's interview turned out well yesterday. They asked 13 questions and only one technical question. He felt he didn't stumble at all. He joked and had them laughing. He was his wonderful self. Told them this was his first job interview in 53 years. And it was his first formal interview. Its difficult to come across over the phone. They ares till conducting interviews today and it will be 2-3 weeks before we hear anything. He also received notice that he's been referred for several more jobs. So at least things don't seem as stagnant as they were. Hopefully he'll either snag the job on this first interview if not lets hope there will be more interviews. :)

4 comments:

Lori said...

Good luck with hubby's interview! That is great!

Sharon - Rekindle Me said...

Hi, Deb!!! You go for that wild side!!! How are you??? Looks like you have been through a few changes since I last "saw" you and your artwork here is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I hope you have a great week! Take care! Sharon

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Exciting stuff, yes, change is scary and hard but so exciting too! Best of luck, the tides have turned!!!!!xox Corrine

gamma3 said...

this is beau ti ful! any bird should feel proud to sit upon this perch. i know you are about to go crazy waiting, but if they made things simple every body would want to do it. and right about now i would go for 100 degree temps myself. 23- and 28- are not my idea of fun. enjoy the holidays and keep busy. new project? luv ya charlo