Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Drumroll please.........................

............after many long years (8 to be exact) my hubby is the proud owner of a Bachelor's Degree! OMGosh its really over........ we are still reeling from the implications of that.......what in the world is hubby gonna do with himself if hes not worried about homework or an upcoming test. School has been so much a part of our lives for so long. Once he got the grade 79.86 (only .14 from a B, maybe the teacher will round up ) honestly the lowest grade i've ever seen him get, for the rest of the evening i could see the realization of it slowly sinking in. He's a free man! He's so hard on himself . And he sees so many things in his life that he feels he left unfinished, so to have stuck this out to the end is HUGE to him. I cannot begin to tell you how proud i'am of him. Thank you so much for all your good thoughts and well wishes. Now lets see if this degree can help him get the computer job of his dreams. :) Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Congrats, what a big achievement, it's so hard to go back to school and make it happen, and work full time and have a life too! Bravo!!!!! xox Corrine

F. McButter Pants said...

WHOOPEE!! So happy for him. I am just starting with my degree. It makes me think if he can do it,no matter how long it takes, then HELL, I can do it too.

Can't wait for the next big thing.

Big Congrats!!

Nancy said...

Congrats to your Hubby :) Happy Tea day to you.
I love the photo in your previous post, btw!

Teri C said...

Congratulations to him. A wonderful accomplishment and something to be so proud of.

Lori said...

Congratulations!!

debby said...

Congrats to Hubby and congrats to you for sticking with him through all the years!

I LOVE your butterfly header. How did you color it? Its so rich looking!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Brand new to your blog (found you via Lori's site) and had to pass on my congratulations to your husband.

Katiejane said...

Congrats to Hubby! EIGHT years! Oh my. It was all I could do to suffer through high school!

P.S. I love this blog header!

Eden said...

Yeah!! Congrats to him! You deserve some credit too, I'm sure! Encouraging...giving him space...time...cooking...cleaning!! Good things come to those that wait!

ginny said...

That is awesome. I supported my first husband for seven years while he finished collage. It was huge for us too and I am so aware of all the sacrifices of time you made. Good for both of you. Congratulations.