Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I've Been Playing...........

with paint!........my arch nemesis..........paint strikes fear in my heart.....don't ask....i don't know why but it does....it seems so permanent and difficult to control the outcome but if you think about colored pencils which i use regularly i cannot erase them so they are permanent too and markers........just something about paint. Well what you see here is me trying to kill two birds with one stone. Along with all my crafty stuff and drawing i LOVE to write letters and i have about a dozen friends and family members that i write to. But heres the kicker they don't like to write back. I'm told they love to receive my letters but they hate to write. So for years i just took that in stride..........'It doesn't matter , i love to write so i'll just write'..............but you know what? I like to receive as well as give and theres nothing wrong with that. Everyday when i go to the mail box i hope someone will break down and write me a letter, a note, a postcard.........really ......i'll take anything......lol! It never once dawned on me to try to find people , like me, who love to write. I mean hey if family and friends won't drop you a line who will? But a few weeks ago after a particularly frustrating moment the word 'PenPal ' jumped in my head......At first it sounded ridiculous, and childish.....isn't it only kids who have penpals?.......OOoooh no let me set you straight on that. I found a whole new world of letter writers and Mail Art affectionados out there just waiting to welcome me with open arms. These are people who love to send and receive mail as much as i do. Amazing! So for the past week or so i've been attempting another piece of mail art which is pictured above. All of my supplies are packed away and i don't want to buy too much to have to lug to California or wherever we end up . So i bought the primary colors red, blue, yellow and black and white and i'm going to learn how to mix the colors to get what i need......i mean i 'know' how to mix paint......blue/yellow make green but i haven't actually messed with it very much. I just buy the color i need.....lime green, pine green whatever in the little bottles. So i hope my new penpals will bear with me. LOL! Its gonna be fun. I didn't want to show you too much in pictures as it will give away the surprise for the recipient. Do you have penpals? Do you exchange mail art? I hope the postal service doesn't go belly up. I do think people will miss it only after its gone. I know i will miss it terribly. You may think email but a handwritten letter has a whole different feeling to it. I'm still collecting penpals so if your interested let me know! Hugs! deb

4 comments:

F. McButter Pants said...

Good to hear from you. I haven't been on blogger as much as I used to be. I was just thinking I should check up on you this morning.

You have my address :) I hope that things get better and that you feel better about your "wild side"

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Mail to you next week when I get out from under the piles of work....Like your drawing! xox Corrine

Emma said...

Thanks for the tip about the Eucalyptus. I'll give it a go & see what happens.
It's great finding 'people like us' in blogworld - there are so many of us there's someone for everyone!

Mim said...

Good luck with the paints and thanks for stopping by!! I saw your other blog and since I just started walking/running myself - it was very inspirational.