Thursday, December 22, 2011

Me! A boot designer.......?????

I've decided to enter this contest Art and Sole 2011 by UGG AUSTRALIA! I tried to set up a link there for you. I hope it works my track record on links is not the best. :) But anyway i saw this advertised on someone's blog so i thought i'd check it out. You down load and print out these boot templates and design your own boot! Now i never really draw clothes or shoes or boots or anything but it sounded like fun. And you might find it funny how this boot morphed from its original concept to what it is now. Its still in progress so none of the pictures here are the final product, still coloring........... My first vision was to draw a koi with its tail kinda up the leg portion of the boot and its head
toward the toe......well after many attempts the koi was not happening...........so i asked myself what do i like most about the koi??? And the answer was the scales. I like the detail and repetitiveness. So i drew them in....... As i started coloring them in they started looking more like peacock feathers than scales and a family member (bless their heart) said well you know alot of people wear their pants over their boots so your never gonna see those feathers.....you need to put something on the foot part. So i sketched and colored a peacock feather. So there you have it what started out as a koi morphed to a peacock. LOL! Now heres the fun part. I have until Dec 26 to get this finished and scanned in and downloaded to their site. I've never done anything like this before. It can be a Jpeg or PNG file no more than 5mb i believe thats right..........so i don't know as long as i can figure all that out i will enter it. I hope i can cause i have spent an awful long time coloring these feathers........I hope they scan in nice. These pictures here are just taken with my camera and i don't think they do the feathers justice. They really are pretty. Okay.....now here is where you come in..............once i get it downloaded........ people get to vote on it! UGG AUSTRALIA chooses the winner but takes special consideration of the ones that receive the most votes..........The winner receives $5,000 !!! and their vision made into a real live boot!!! Wouldn't that be awesome. Now UGG does not have to pick the one with the highest vote to win they reserve the right to pick their choice but....BUT the one with the highest vote may not win the $$$$ but they will have a pair of boots in their design. Cool or what??? If i remember right the voting starts Dec 27 and runs into at least the first week of the new year. When i get it finished and loaded and everything figured out i'll post a link here. If you like my boot would you pretty , pretty please vote for it??? I can't wait to see what other people came up with......LOL! Merry Christmas!! Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Lori said...

Cool! Good luck and I will vote!

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

I will of course vote, this is spectacular, your sketches are really good including a little mermaid who arrived today. I haven't opened it yet, may wait until Christmas Day so I have more joy to play with.....xox Corrine

Shrink to Fit said...

I am so voting for your boot design! I love it and would even want a pair for myself! Oh, I hope you win!!!

Shrink to Fit said...

Deb, how do I find your submission on facebook?

Maria said...

Really cool!!

Marilyn said...

My goodness, Deb, I'd buy a pair of Uggs if they looked like this!! Hope I'm not too late to vote.

Carol said...

I went on over there and voted for you. Good luck, but really you're a winner for even entering!! You go girl!!