Thursday, January 5, 2012

Everythings Going just Swimmingly......

...............now that i know the recipients have received their MailArt i can share it with you!! I told you before of my dilemma of finding people that like to send and receive mail and that i've found a few wonderful penpals......this is my first MailArt project with them. I thought it would be a great time to work on getting past my fear of paint. Since all my paint is packed away and i didn't want to buy a bunch more that will have to packed away when the time comes to move i decided to buy only the primary colors red, blue, yellow, and white and black oh and brown ....man that still seems like a lot but its not. Promise. I have TONS packed away. I cut pictures out of magazines and mixed paint like a mad scientist.............it was so much F U N!!! I even have some new ideas for the next time............ I like the mermaid but i adore these little fish. Painting the eyes in and giving them bubbles really gave them personality. There bodies are magazine clippings. I hope it makes them smile when they open their mailbox! :) I've been doing good with the changes i've made to my diet and exercise.........is it where it needs to be to weigh 172 pounds or less again?.........no........but i'm getting there. I know myself well enough from losing the last 80 pounds that MAJOR lifestyle changes do not stick. I can hang onto them for only about 2 weeks......every small change is a victory.........I got myself together at 'O' dark thirty yesterday morning to take my hubby to work and keep the truck so i could take myself to my favorite hill workout and made that happen, i've cut out alot of snacking, I had one tortilla chip at the Mexican Restaurant last night instead of helping to clean the bowl and i did not order something covered sauce and cheese.........so go me!!! My favorite thing to do at the end of a meal at this restaurant is to have two chocolate peppermint patties and i chose not to get them............hubby chimes in "Well i wasn't gonna buy them for you anyway".........what a 'cheeky' fellow. LOL! As soon as i hit publish on this post i'm headed out the door for a bike ride. 65 degree weather, sunny, almost no wind...........sounds like a perfect day to me to hop on the bike! Are you sure this is January?? One day at a time........one choice at a time.........I CAN turn this around..............Hugs! deb

9 comments:

Carol said...

Congratulations on making good choices. Isn't that half the battle?

I like that you have combined a post featuring both your art and a bit about other efforts. Nice balance.

I love those little fish. I think their facial expressions are too cute. Especially the grinny one!

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Yeah for you, enjoy the bike ride. I recognize that cutie mermaid, it's at my house!!! Each step, each bite not taken a victory. You go girl. xox Corrine

Carol said...

YAY!! You are off to a great start and it sounds like you are feeling empowered! BTW, here in Utah I was going around without a jacket today . . . in January . . . like that NEVER happens!!!

Lori said...

I am so jealous of the bike ride!

Katiejane said...

First, I love this art! It is so bright and colorful!
Second, I so wish I lived in a climate where I could get exercise outside more. I'm doing the same thing as you; cutting out all the sweets, carbs, starches, and - ouch - alcohol, that's a tough one. I'm back on the treadmill three days a week and hiking when weather permits. Bike on!

Roxie said...

Love the artwork, Deb.

Yep, I can't get it all back in a day. Overly restrictive and/or punishing exercise regimes feel, well, punishing. I do much better, for much longer if I treat myself gently and take in the small changes. What I will do every day is far more important than what I will do once in a while.

I hope the bike ride was awesome. I'm hoping to get one in later this afternoon.

Emma said...

We've got to take it slowly but surely, one challenge at a time...baby steps...but there must be some steps!

Eden said...

Deb, Good for you on your personal goals!! I love your mermaid, such a fun and whimisical drawing! She sure looks happy :D

Eileen Bergen said...

I love my mail art, Deb. Working right now on yours ;-)

Good for you on the "one choice at a time" idea.