Friday, January 20, 2012

I remembered..............!!

................to scan a copy of the black and white line drawing before i start coloring it. This is sooo hard for me to do! Normally i just cannot wait to start adding color and any thought of scanning it in just flies out of my head. :) I'm really chomping at the bit to color this one because i actually have all the colors already picked out in my head. The only iffy part is the head because the rest of the feathers will follow along the colors i used for the boot design. I do have an update on the UGG boot contest........i did not win.......sniff......but i thought you might like to take a peek at the boot that did win here (that is if my link works). Since the boot was to be used to raise money for the Boys and Girls Club i thought the puzzle pieces she used were very appropriate. Ah well at least i entered instead of just talking about it like i usually do. You know i have found the most unique jewelry lately at Target of all places. This is the second piece i've purchased lately. The first being a silver owl locket. Its not often that i come across a piece of jewelry that screams 'Take me home! ' to me. Its been a good week exercise wise. Shins feel good after a couple icings but the calves still want to give me a little trouble. They are no longer knotted but they still feel a little tight. Lets see i walked the hill route Sat......took Sun off........walked Mon and Tues.........took Wed off......walked Thurs and i will walk today (Fri). Tomorrow Sat will be my first venture back to the hill route, that will tell just how well i've nipped this little fiasco in the bud. Eating........i get better with the eating everyday....making better choices.......weekends are still a struggle and i don't see that changing anytime soon. Although i do plan on cutting back a little more each weekend as the year progresses. Baby steps you know......you tend to think all these small changes won't make a difference but oh i KNOW they do. The small changes won't make me skinny tomorrow but in the long run they will.....Tell me is anyone else out there getting sick to death of Jennifer Hudson???? or is it just me????

3 comments:

Carol said...

Well done! Seriously, I cannot even draw a stick figure. Sorry about the boot but like you said, at least you tried! And yes, baby steps will eventually get you there. Instead of planning to not improve on the weekends, why not make a plan to improve just a little bit on part of the weekend?

Katiejane said...

I'm anxious to see how this painting looks finished. I'm always blown away by you all that can do doodle sketches that actually look good when finised. My mind does not work that way.

That winner boot was a cute one.

Glad you are feeling better. Yesterday I walked four miles in an hour on an indoor track and was amazed at how much easier a workout it was than 3.5 miles on the treadmill at home. Wonder why that is? I'm usually sweaty and beet-faced when done here at home and barely broke a sweat at the track. Keep on truckin'

Eileen Bergen said...

You go, girl!

I had a pretty good week too. I've lost 5 lbs.

The exercise is coming along more slowly. It's hard to "get back on that horse" after injuries; but I'm determined.

Your package is on its way ;-)