Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It Doesn't Take Long.............

.............to lose fitness..............and your figure..............Here these bikes have sat for the last three months.........I've been on them maybe once or twice in that time but i couldn't make myself put them in the storage unit.......after all there was always tomorrow.........if you catch my drift.......sigh..........the one in the back is hubby's its practically brand new......its seen the open road maybe three times..............the one in front however is mine, with the little pack on the front to hold cell phone, keys , a snack.........
~
~
I walked with hubby yesterday and we pushed both bikes down to the gas station to pump up the tires and Oh --My--- Goodness hubby road his bike around and around the parking lot of an 'out of business' furniture store for a good 15 min. Around and around we went in circles , its a wonder we didn't run into each other. It was SO much fun. (I'm sure he'll be groaning about it for a week. lol)
~
~
Today I dug out my helmet, gloves, ipod, geared up.......felt like Rambo putting all his gear on....lugged my bike down the steps from my second story apartment........road my bike exactly one mile, up and down hills (more hills in the city then out what up with that..?) and about died............You know perception can be so screwy......has it really been a year since since i've worked out seriously???.........6months since i gave up trying to watch what i ate........? I can remember being at my lowest weight and (172ish) and the scale wasn't moving and i felt like such a failure cause i couldn't make-- it-- move and i felt so fat and when i look at those pictures now i think 'woman what were you thinking'??? I would give my right arm to be back there again. And i think of my fitness level.......i felt stuck there too.....i felt all my runs were status quo and i wasn't making any progress......same way with the bike riding.........but after that bike ride today........
~
~
I'm gonna learn to happy where i'am at...........whatever stage of weightloss or fitness level because i can continue to try to make it better AND if you give up , it can always get worse.......

3 comments:

Carol said...

I read this thing the other day that said "If your tired of always having to start over again, then stop quitting." I really liked that!

Isn't it funny how our perspective changes depending on where we are in our journey? Glad you took the first steps towards being where you want to be!! Now that you live in town is there a group you can get together with for walking or biking?

You'll be fine Deb, just Keep On Keepin' On!

beth said...

at least you got out and did something....and sometimes that's enough and certainly better then doing nothing.
so give yourself a few points for that !!! i just did !
xo

Carol said...

Posting about this can only help.
So, Since we "talked" I have been sure to eat a fiber bar each night and 2 slices of fiber packed bread - toasted- each morning. That's 21 grams of fiber. Putting this in words looks a little lame. I need to research what veggies and fruit to add on a daily bases.

Probably riding AND having fun even if it WAS going in circles is the key to exercise for you. Or maybe the "do it for 21 days and it becomes a habit" theory.

Too bad clicking keys on the keyboard doesn't use more calories ~lol~