Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Oh NO he didn't....................

.........................Oh YES he did!!!! My hubby caught me staring and drooling at the Prismacolor colored pencils the other day and he grabbed them and walked them up to the cash register himself. He said ' If you won't do it, i'll do it'. So SHAZAM i have them!!!.........I haven't used them yet..........they are like gold to me for some reason.........well i guess it has something to do with the fact that they cost over a $1 a pencil........but i've heard so many good things about them. Like once i color with them i'll never go back to Crayola..........they come unsharpened , which i was kind of bummed about..........i'm gonna hate to see all that color go in the pencil sharpener...........Another reason i haven't started using them is because i started the peacock picture with Crayola so i don't want to switch in the middle.................. Its coming along..............I'm a little further along than this pic shows. I have the head done too . Its coming along nicely and fairly quickly.........i probably won't stumble until those two big feathers in the corner. I think i want to put some kind of pearlescence on them??? something shiny oh i don't know.......i'll roll it around in my head until i get there.........i'll probably do them last............. I have been walking every single day since we last spoke...........!!!.............I've added more stretching........some days i've walked twice in one day when i can get hubby to walk in the evenings..........I can never guarantee he will get out there after work so i can't wait on him so i've been going about midday and if he wants to go in the evening thats just money in the bank. :) Besides i go faster and farther than him so a walk with him i really can't use as daily exercise its just bonus material!
****News on the job front! Not necessarily good news but news...................Hubby got a phone call Monday! From a job in of all places.................Kentucky!!!..........He applied for it on a whim......on a day he was frustrated with CA, OR and WA...........and guess what? They called! He has an interview Thursday first thing in the morning...........This is so not the direction we want to go...........I just don't see myself spending the rest of my life in Kentucky. I see myself spending my days exploring the west coast.......the beaches.......the redwoods......the lakes......the hiking..... We haven't decided if we'll take it if offered. He still has over 20 referrals out there and over 100 applications out there.....things have been so slow i think we are kind of spooked about letting this one go........He also got a call from a job in Sacramento, CA to let him know there was a misprint on the job offer and it was only a temporary job and asked if he was still interested in an interview........well um.....NO! So hey things are moving this week and its only Tues! Keep the good thoughts coming. Who knows maybe one day soon i'll be telling you i'm on my way to Kentucky for better or worse!Hugs! deb

10 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The pencil thing is something my husband would do. I always love hearing that someone else has a thoughtful husband too. Its very reassuring in this less than gallant world.

KY? KY is a great state. Just south of me. We border it. Have been there a couple of times. People are friendly. The state is absolutely beautiful. Granted, not warm all year, but you could do worse.

The bird is looking good, too.

F. McButter Pants said...

What a sweetheart! He must really love you <3. I think KY would be awesome! You just never know where life is gonna take you. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Good luck!

E. Jane said...

I just found your blog. Love the pictures on your side bar. Great hubby! Best wishes to both of you on the job search! Walking every day is such a plus--both physically and mentally. I will be back. Have a great day!

E. Jane said...

I forgot to comment on the colors in the header on the blog! It's stunning. Your artwork brightens my mood, so I'll be following you.

Sugar Bush Primitives said...

What a sweet hubby you have! I know it isn't the direction you want to go, but Kentucky is beautiful!!!
hugs,
Mary

Carol said...

Ah - hubby is starting to go with you! The door is opening! You're doing well, just keep building on it. Kentucky, eh? It is really pretty there. But a funny thing, when we drove across Ky. a couple years ago I swear we couldn't drive a mile that didn't have road kill or the splatter remains of road kill. I guess lots of deer like to hide in those trees - LOL!

Anonymous said...

Deb, Just found you through Suzy's Sitcom. I love your artwork! KY is a great state I have lived here all my life. If you move here you have to learn to say y'all. You won't find it in the dictionary but it is what everybody here say. Good luck with the job search. Susan

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

What a sweet guy to just pick up the pencils and go! He knows where your heart is. Nice walking, keep going. Kentucky, oh well, you never know, maybe it's steps along the way. xox Corrine A big gorgeous envie arrived for me, thanks!!!!!

Katiejane said...

Kentucky is a wonderful place to live! Very affordable and green and beautiful (and only an hour's drive from me!) It has mountains and valleys and lakes and trees. I hope you take the offer if he gets it. You'll like it here!
I love the peacock feathers! You do marvelous things with colors.

Eileen Bergen said...

Things moving? That's definitely good. Momentum can really help one keep going.

Best of luck!!

I've only been there once, but thought Kentucky was really beautiful.

Peacocks galore. You would love that, Deb. A member of our group (NYC born and bred) exclaimed, "Would you look at those gorgeous turkeys!" lol.