Friday, January 13, 2012

A Stirring..........

Well perhaps the week did not start out well but it ended with a BANG! :) Wed, Thurs and Fri check , check and check! Wed i even walked morning and evening and this morning(Fri) i dragged my little fanny out the door with hubby to get the truck so i could do the hill workout. But what i really want to tell you about, what i'm really kind of excited about if somewhat 'miffed'.......is a feeling i had while walking Thursday evening by myself...........a feeling ....a stirring in my soul, a certain feeling that i have not felt for quite some time. And then i felt it again today as i walked the hill route.............i felt....... ............a desire to RUN.........and i can describe it no other way than just a burning deep inside to run..........I'm as flabbergasted as you........i turned my back on it, i walked away.......i packed it away and put it on a shelf.........but two days in a row now i had to hold myself back from taking that first running step.........why?.......because i'm no where near ready.........and my knees this evening after walking those hills are letting me know that not running yet is a prudent move. If i'm to even entertain the thought of running i need a good base. That is how i've been the most successful and managed to remain injury free. Besides i need to mull over this feeling for awhile yet.....make sure its the real thing not just a ghost. But i will tell you it put a smile on my face, that stirring in my soul.......it sure did.
I hope you like the sketch. Apparently after designing those boots ( final results of the contest come out Jan 17 i think) i still have peacocks on the brain. This is a design for a card. I think it might make a nice painting one day too. Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Lori said...

Glad you got some running mojo back!

Carol said...

YAY!!! Don't analyze it until it's smooshed into nonexistence - you know it will lead to happiness!!! Embrace it!!! Plan out your training (your base) NOW so that you will in the near future actually go running!!! Do IT!!!!!!

Get a solid walking plan (that will knock off a few pounds) and set a target. Set a goal!!!! The only difference between a wish and a dream is that deadline!!!! Do It!!!! Run Girl Run!!!!! Yippee!!!! Envision your success!!!! Don't trip on the obstacles, focus on the goal!!!!

Do it!! Hurrah!!!! YAY!!!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hey, the drawing is great. I'm going to love to see it in color.

But what's up with the wondering about the running feeling? Go for it girl!! Do whatever you gotta do to get back to it. You are BACK ON TRACK!!
xx, Carol
I am so happy for you!

Tanya said...

Your drawing looks really good, can't wait to see it in colour. I love peacocks :)

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Ooh exciting to have that feeling to run come up, in time right? Love the peacock feathers and head. xox Corrine

blue china studio said...

I can relate to those stirrings. And they do put a smile on your face don't they.

Love the peacock themed drawings.