Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Isn't that better............???

Wow! Look how big blogger blew up the header! Amazing! I always set it to 'Shrink to fit'. Last time it was small now with this scan it blew it up........go figure.......I like it better this size though, its like POW! Unfortunately for me AND you as you still get to hear about this one picture.......I can now see that the black in the black and white 'snakes' is not as dark black as the beak and black 'eyes' in the feathers that i had to go over to get rid of the streaks........sigh.....but its fixable, and i should be thankful for that.......one of these days i'll have all my ducks in a row before i scan.............Maybe you can't tell the difference in the black but i can and it will bug me to no end.......... :)
**********
*********When i'm fixated on a subject , like peacocks, I like to learn a little bit about them.....And you all know my penchant for sharing 'Useless Knowledge'......lol......well thats what
hubby calls it......its not like i can put this knowledge to work and bring in a paycheck..........his knowledge on the other hand ie....computers.....jack of all trade stuff (plumbing , electric, whatever......) he gets paid for........I can't help what interests me.......I think my interests make me a well rounded person albeit a broke one.....lol..........okay back to .................
**********
**********Peacocks are relatively easy to raise and take care of..........Peahens as the females are called are excellent mothers.......they lay 2 - 3 eggs at a time that hatch in 28 days. Give them plenty of sunshine and open space and they will thrive. Peacocks are in the pheasant family and are about the size of a swan with an average lifespan of 20 years but in captivity 40 years is not unheard of. They can fly but only short distances and get THIS a group of them is called not a flock but a PARTY ..........a party of peacocks........is that interesting or what???
***********
*********** A peacock often has a harem of peahens. The peacock not only uses his tail in a mating dance but also does a rain dance just as the clouds gather for a storm.....amazing or what? There are legends and stories of a stolen golden peacock throne that is believed to be
at the bottom of the Indian Ocean...............Greek mythology tells how the peacock got his 'eyes' all over his tail..............A census of peacocks taken in 1991 revealed that the peacock numbers from a 1947 census were down by 50%.........these are just some highlights........If my link works , you can go here to find out more if you like.
***********
************If you made it thru my little bit of Useless Knowledge here is a job update! Hubby's current boss got a phone call Friday of someone checking hubs references!!!! Woohoo!!!! That marks the first time references have been checked!!! It would be even more exciting if hubby's boss could remember who he talked to........he has no idea..........He thinks it was Kentucky.......he thinks it was for the VA , he thinks it was for an electrical position..........trouble is hubby has an electrical position AND a computer position he applied for in Kentucky and he's had an interview for both........so.......?? Thing is his boss said he THINKS it was for the electrical position but all they asked about was hubby's computer experience....... Electrical position in Louisville and computer position in Ft. Knox............computer is really the one we want because its what hubby loves to do AND it pays significantly more............ I'll bet hubby's boss' ears were ringing all weekend as i enjoyed cussing him out behind his back immensely......lol Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Oh, exciting whisperings....Peacocks - lots of info. xox Corrine

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sounds like KY might be calling your name!

I don't think any knowledge is useless. you just never know when you might need to know something that most people don't.

We once had a neighbor that raised Peacock. Let me tell you, they give out a God Awful screech that you have to get used to. But they are beautiful and I think your drawing captured that beauty.
xx, Carol

Murphy & Stanley said...

Yup, those peacocks can make a sound that seems like it should be coming from a space alien! Glad there is some progress on the job search front. Now, for an offer!

BTW, since I changed blogs this is still me even though it no longer looks like me.

Carol

kimmie said...

lovely peacock design ... all of my favorite colors :) ... works great as a header too!

Katiejane said...

Love how this picture turned out. Interesting bits about peacocks, all stuff I didn't know.
Tell hubby, good luck!