Friday, February 24, 2012

Job Update............

I probably should have saved this picture of Jinx for Halloween....lol.....His eyes are just SPOOKY! We pulled our bikes in the apartment while we were gone to Albuquerque several
weeks ago and Jinx just loves them. He likes to sit on the seat and look at the door like he's saying come on mom lets go for a ride..... :) Or he scratches at the tire nubs with his clawless claws and those tires must smell wonderful , he will sniff and rub on them for an hour........
************
************* Job info! Well it is definitely heating up! Hubby has become much more popular in the job market in the last few days. Now Livermore ,California is flirting with him. Hubby has two bosses at his current job.....his immediate supervisor and the one right above that .Well Livermore spent an hour on the phone talking to them yesterday and after getting off the phone with the bosses turned around and immediately called my hubby for a little impromptu interview. Livermore seems very interested. Hubby let them know that we are taking the first job that comes thru and he said that his HR would be in contact in a day or two.......so...........who knows ....here i was trying to come to terms with Kentucky and now Kentucky has grown quiet....hubs had two interviews in KY.......one in Louisville for an electrical position and one in Ft Knox for IT. The process just takes so long.......... and lets not forget Kent , Washington where hubby would be a grave digger at the national cemetary there........and Livermore who in the heck ever heard of Livermore??.......
************
*********Maybe giving hubby free rein with the job posting wasn't such a good idea.....LOL! Livermore is definitely further south than i wanted to be in CA....I wanted Sacramento and north.........i relented to San Francisco early on as alot of jobs were there but Livermore is even south of SF. ...........sigh..........as much as i wanted to move west i find myself leaning towards KY and the four seasons they have there, cheaper cost of living. Well the top is still spinning .........who knows were it will stop..........Oh and lets not forget Redding ,CA its an IT position that hubby had an interview for and they have grown quiet.....every time hubby calls they say they have made a selection and will announce maybe in a week and next week and next week............I mean really................
***********
************I've been working on some MailArt this week and its turning into more of a collage project............its been fun.........I love the way they just seem to make themselves..........I try real hard not to try too hard with them , just play and have fun.........Have you played today??? Hugs! deb

11 comments:

Murphy said...

I was wondering if anything came through yet so thanks for the update. Are you still getting out and using those bikes, or doing some walking? Yes, I am watching you and since you hadn't said anything I thought I'd better send you a nudge from me to you : )

Maybe several offers will come at the same time? In the meantime, keep on keepin' on!!

Carol

Lori said...

Good luck with the jobs! It's nice to have all that activity with the applications!

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

Sounds great with all the action. Livermore does have Livermore labs and is definitely more techie, so that could be fun for hubs. Good luck. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

How fun (and nerve wracking) to have all this job interview activity at once.

Hey, maybe they will get into a bidding war for your sweetie!

Did I play today? Yes!! I worked out for the 1st time since Jan. 4th (I keep an exercise log to guilt-trip myself). Maybe it will stick this time;-)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Good luck!!
I have been at my job 10 years. When I applied in July. I waited and waited for them to make a decision. Finally I started 9-10. Honestly, who takes THAT long?

Maybe the wait will be a good sign and you'll go where you want. Honestly, the cost of living could be a deal breaker if you have a choice. I compare prices in Indiana with my friend in Pasadena..big diff.

Love the cat info too!
xx, Carol

Lindy Gruger Hanson said...

Good luck to your hubby with the jobs. It is hard to wait. I send good thoughts your way for something speedy to happen and just the right position to open up!

Maria said...

Sounds promising job-wise... so many people can't find jobs or promotions. Good luck to hubby!
LOVE the peacock! Very vibrant and fun.

E. Jane said...

Good luck with the job applications. It sounds like there is some activity. Love your art! It makes me feel upbeat, so I'm glad I visited your blog this morning.

E. Jane said...

Good luck with the job applications. It sounds like there is some activity. Love your art! It makes me feel upbeat, so I'm glad I visited your blog this morning.

Katiejane said...

Too bad KY is lagging behind, but good luck with whatever you choose.

Jill Zaheer said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving your comments- and on my work from Seth's blog tour. It's been so much fun meeting new people like yourself. Just became a follower of your blog. Love bright and brilliant colors- it's the way I release my energy! Best of luck on your move to california. Hope it is a wonderful new adventure for you!