Monday, March 12, 2012

John Carter Movie Review.......................

I just had to pop in and give a movie review of John Carter. Click on 'John Carter' to see a movie trailer.....that is if my link works my first try did not......... We did not see this movie that came out Friday until yesterday (Sunday) or i would have given you this review sooner so you could watch it over the weekend.....ah well.........This is an excellent movie! Its in the same genre as Avatar. Not quite the same quality or maybe it is but it hasn't had all the hoopla surrounding it that Avatar did. I was so impressed by the originality of it. So many unique and wonderful creatures that were so well done. The actors i felt were passable at the very least. No big name actors involved as far as i could tell. But still well done.
~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~We did not see the 3D version as yours truly as you must know by now HATES 3D. I do not feel it lacked anything by not seeing it in 3D. Hubby has a weirdness 'line' that he does not like to cross. I step over that line all the time. LOL! And i've seen some awesome movies because of it. This did not step over the line for him. He enjoyed it immensely. I caught him smiling and laughing several times. So Go, See , Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~I'm trying to think of some movies i braved and enjoyed and he did not......."Lady in the Water" M. Night Shamalayn. when i asked him why he didn't like it he said it was just too weird....go figure....there are others i cannot think of right now then there are some he misses because they are not action/shoot em up movies. I feel he misses out on some wonderful movies that way but in truth they would probably put him to sleep. Some i have dragged him to that he ended up liking despite himself.........Dragonfly with Kevin Costner, What Dreams May Come with Robin Williams, Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, Pan's Labyrinth, The Thomas Crown Affair with Pearce Brosnan.......Brotherhood of the Wolf it was in french and your had to read the screen and he STILL liked it .......i knew he would....and many more......they are just not his normal gun blasting movies and it can be so difficult to get him to step outside the box.
~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~And you know there are movies i never would have seen if not for him and i ended up loving them.........especially cartoon movies......i just seem to turn a blind eye to them. They are not worth my time. I don't like comedy. Most of the comedy of today i think when you walk out of the theatre or get up from watching the TV you've lost a few intelligence points , its just all so stupid. But hubby loves his cartoons. He really is a boy at heart and i love that about him too. So many times he'll be smiling at Saturday morning cartoons and i can't help but grin not at the cartoons but at my wonderful guy with the big goofy smile on his face. The years just seem to fall way in that moment. He dragged me to Shrek and i have enjoyed those movies immensely, UP, Tangled, WALL-E, so glad i did not miss out on them. So.............to end back to John Carter.....definitely worth a look see. Its a long movie but quite fast paced and did not feel that long. If nothing else it is worth a matinee just to see all these creatures come out of someone's imagination and on the screen.

7 comments:

Dosfishes at Sparkle Days Studios said...

I have to agree with hubs, no 3-D for me, it makes me nuts to watch....xox Corrine

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

3 d gives me a headache. They say if it does, you need glasses..or new glasses.

I think the trailers from this movie look exciting. I can't say I have any desire to see it at the theatre, but I'd watch it at home. It's hard to get Terry to go to the show. He's got to be in the right mood, and hopefully when he is, there is something at the show we want to see ~lol~

Glad you had a good time.
xx, Carol

Mary said...

oh thanks for the review, i knew i wanted to see it when i saw the previews. not sure it's my husbands cup of tea, but he will go with me.

thanks for stopping by my blog, it nice to meet you.

grace and peace,
mar

sf said...

Brotherhood of the Wolf is a fantastic film!

Eileen Bergen said...

Congratulations, Deb! This interesting, wide-ranging blog has been chosen to receive the Versatile Blogger Award by Eileen at The Artful Crafter. Please hop over to pick up your award button.

debby said...

Thanks for that review. I was wondering about that movie.

Maria said...

Thanks for the review! I'll go and see that movie, but not in 3D...lol. I might check out some of your other recommendations too. I have Netflix for instant streaming (unless only available on DVD.)