Friday, April 13, 2012

A Break..............

...........from our regularly scheduled program..............Hubs has the rest of the photos of our trip on his phone and i have yet to get them from him. The pictures may not be very good as most of them were taken on the fly but i do want to tell the story with pictures..........so........here is a little MailArt break. I know the recipients of my recent MailArt have received their mail i can finally share! This was finished just before we left Texas . It was a race against time! It is a manilla folder cut and pasted to size. These first pictures are of the front. I played with acrylic paint. We are getting more comfortable with each other all the time. Black marker was used for the details..... I wanted to make it look like the sun was shining thru the leaves......did i achieve that?? Not sure. Its what i see when i look at it so that makes me happy. Below is the beginning of the back. To make the leaf shape i confiscated a plastic 'eye shaped' piece of packaging from something we bought. You never know where you can find templates. So always keep your creative eye open. Ofcourse it dawned on me later that i probably should have painted the background first....duh....or i was gonna cover up the lines. But i managed to use the paint lightly enough that i could still see the lines. To apply the paint i used the 'credit card technique' that i was introduced to on June's blog 'A Creative Dreamer' . She's over there on my blog roll! I have to say this was not as easy as June makes it look . LOL! And i used waaaay too much paint. She tells you not to use too much paint but apparently i'm not a good listener........ :) Again i was going for a light spot amongst the leaves where the sun could be shining thru. And i found that a Faber Castell Pitt Pen will write over my craft acrylic paint wonderfully!!! You have no idea how exciting that is as for some reason i have struggled mightily finding a pen to write over paint..........mainly a fine point black pen to outline and doodle and such on paint....sigh...but this pen is awesome and i'm thinking about just taking out stock in the company. lol. If you can't tell the theme was inspired by the upcoming Snow White movies......Mirror Mirror is more of a comedy and not up my alley but 'Snow White and the Huntsman' with Kristen Stewart looks incredible. But remember i'm the one who recommended 'John Carter' to you and ALL the critics HATED it so take my advice with a grain of salt...... Can you guess where the shiny part of the mirror came from ???? Leave me a guess in the comments and i'll email you back and let you know if you were right. Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'll guess tin foil. At first I was going to say a gum wrapper, but I think they quit using it for wrappers..but then, I don't chew gum.
Anyway, nice are. Love the way the red makes it all right.
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

This envelope is the coolest ever and I have it proudly where I can see it all the time. I love the sunlight effect you achieved with the background painting. Hope your house hunting is going well. Has hubs started his job yet? xox

Eileen Bergen said...

You did a fabulous job with this envelope! I love the wash look you achieved by scraping acrylic paint OVER the already drawn leaves.

I agree, June makes it sound/look so easy, but it's definitely not! Your practice is really paying off.

Time for me to get busy with my acrylics too ...

Lynn said...

Beautiful art work, love the bright colours :)
Thank you for dropping by for a visit, hope to see you again soon.

Shiloh said...

You did a fantastic job. Art like that is WAY beyond me. I'm very impressed.

Katiejane said...

Could the shiny part be aluminum foil?
I love how this all turned out, and yes, it does look like sun shining through the leaves. Great job, especially on the mirror.