Monday, April 30, 2012

Mish Mash.............

........thats what this post is.........just mish mash........I have so much i want to share i certainly cannot fit it all in one post..........talk about picture overload......so i'm going to try to break it up ...coherently....ahem........i said...t-r-y.......Above is some wonderful MailArt i found in my new mailbox from Corrine at SparkleDaysStudio. If you look you can see she mailed it in a GrapeNut box......how clever!.....she is so colorful and creative. I love how she recycles things and gives them her own twist. That beautiful little charm certainly brightens up my apartment where everything still sits in boxes.........Thank you Corrine! You sure made my day! Some sketching going on...........but my hearts not in it.........lots of starts and stops and long lapses between picking up a pencil.......theres just no denying i'm in limbo.......and i've been in limbo for almost a year now come June............June of last year we started the job search....decided to try to change our lives........take a different path.........and while that has its exciting moments they are interspersed with moments of anxiety.....worry.....fear.......if there was ever any doubt that i need a place to call home i have put that doubt to rest....i'am not one to lead a gypsy life.........i like to wander and then come HOME.......i like to explore......but still have that tether that brings me home........a home where i always leave a part of me no matter where my journey takes me..........and that is what i 'am lacking........i need some permanence....all this....it still feels so unreal....surreal....a home helps to ground me so i can spread my wings and let the creativity flow......i need to feel safe.....I like the above sketch.....i like where its going......i see some mushrooms in the bottom right with one big mushroom surrounded by smaller ones and something sitting on the mushroom perhaps looking up at the owl??? Any ideas? And this sketch i showed you before. Trying to decide the shape the next layer should take.....maybe i think too much and should just put pencil to paper......Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Good advice, pen to paper and not think, that's what gets us all into trouble.....How is the house hunt going?? xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are worrying too much. A new Home is just off...over there. See, you are getting closer!
xx, Carol

Eileen Bergen said...

The top one looks like a dream catcher.

Very symbolic - because you are in the process of doing just that - catching your dreams!

Our transition to Mexico was pretty traumatic in hindsight. We just took it one day at a time and couldn't be happier now.

Namaste

kimmie said...

A little mouse looking up at the owl. Relieved because they made a peace treaty and the mouse can now breath easy, knowing the owl prefers moths to mice ... And the owl catches moths in his dream catcher. Look! Here comes one now!

Sweet dreams ... It (home) will come in time.

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Thanks for wishes... Yes we have protectors on all our tv computers ect but the tech man said they really don't work that well during a actual strike. This strike came through the dish taking out boxes and plasmas... They had to have all new boards in the tvs and the boxes were replaced and it all got taken care of this afternoon late...hope you wishes will all gather and take place real soon also.

Katiejane said...

I'm not like you at all. I could travel every day of the week and be just fine. I almost bought a motorhome instead of the house I have now because I wanted to move around from town to town.
I'm not much help with your drawings. I always like how they turn out so you'll just have to wait until the muse speaks, I guess.