Monday, May 14, 2012

My MailArt Buddies ..........

.............keep me hopping! I have two of the BEST MailArt buddies! It is so wonderful to get their art in the mail. Do you like getting snail mail??MailArt??Are you looking for a penpal or MailArt buddy?? Please just drop me an email and we will exchange addresses.......I LOVE opening my mailbox and getting a letter or art....something other than junk mail or bills.....Writing letters is a dying art and i want to do my part to preserve it. :) The lovely, quirky MailArt above comes form Corrine over there at sparkledaysstudio.com . I just love the colors......i wonder wherever did she find that little man?? Corrine is great about recycling and inspired me to start doing the same with my MailArt. This lovely little MailArt envelope came from my MailArt/PenPal buddy Eileen over there at The Artful Crafter. We decided to make this first year of MailArt one of experimenting with new mediums and techniques and just have fun. I just love her collaged envelope and she finds the neatest little trinkets and such to stick in there....... MailArt has been so much fun.......The above piece was just a hot mess for a long time. I used the 'credit card technique' again that i was introduced to by June over there at ACreativeDreamer. I used much less paint than i used the first time and i think achieved the effect i wanted. Theres a story behind this piece but you'll just have to wait.......... :) I could not resist taking a picture of these sunflowers out front of Trader Joe's the other day. Sunflowers just...make ....me ...smile! Can't help it ....i just bust out in a big goofy grin....... I hope someone can help me with this...........sorry for the 'not so great' photo. Hubby took this with the camera on his phone.......but can you tell the stem comes out right thru the center of the flower....really odd...to me anyway......I would love to know what this is if anyone knows.... This sign made me smile.........you have to give people an 'A' for effort in trying to protect the environment......Nearly every house i see here has a solar panel on the roof. The VA hospital in Palo Alto has solar panels on their agenda . They are putting up covered parking and are putting solar panels on top........Totally awesome!!! Hope your having a great day!!!! Whats making you grin lately???Hugs! deb
******
*******PS I finally added some more images to my ZazzleStore if you want to pop over and check it out....I added the butterfly image, luna moth and the leaves and vines that are in this header.......They say it could take a day or two to show up in the store but i think the butterfly image is already in there.....I also added the link for the store over there on the sidebar. Not much action going on in the store. But if you like what you see there a button there for you to 'Like' me! or if you scroll down to the bottom you can leave a comment. :)

4 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh nice photo tour shots. Little green men are landing everywhere. They came from a book form of little men that I took apart and used to make many posts. Recycling of the stash only this time. I have your great envelopes but figured I would wait until I got back from my brief getaway to open it so I could photo it first. xox

Martha Lever said...

Oh how I wish we had a Trader Joe's! That is a great shot of the flowers! And what a great way to find inspiration to paint. Thanks for your comment!

Eileen Bergen said...

I thought that little guy Corrine sent was from a public restroom door. lol.

Aww, I'm glad you liked the little trinkets you sent.

I hope someone comes up with the name of that flower. It's very unusual.

Unusual Girl Studios said...

Has anyone helped out with the name of that flower? How very intriguing!