Thursday, May 17, 2012

What do you think about......

...............when you walk or run or bike or whatever it is you do to M.O.V.E.........Sometimes i lose myself in the music.......sometimes it becomes background music as i think about personal matters that need mulling over......sometimes the music stays at home and i listen to the birds and the wind and the hustle and bustle of life around me.........sometimes i find myself naming the different plants and trees filing away the ones i don't know for research later and then theres yesterday.................yesterday i decided to fiddle with a Haiku while walking. Now that in itself can be dangerous but i decided to take my chances...... Problem is i couldn't remember for the life of me whether the break down of the syllables was 7-5-7 or 5-7-5.......highschool English has long since vacated this brain.......well i decided on 7-5-7 .......it took nearly the entire walk to come up with something i liked. (3 miles) Came home Googled Haiku only to learn i had it wrong its suppose to be 5-7-5......sigh.......I thought i'd show you my effort anyway....... Above and below is an envelope i made for a MailArt buddy.
Some days are born bathed in light
Others a misty morn
All are well met; bles-sed be
Hugs!deb

8 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Thanks ever so much for my cool envie and that great coffee bag, plus all the other goodies inside! 3 miles great. I have been dancing and using my mini tramp for 30 minutes a day. Just getting started on the change my bad habit plan for life thing. We can plug away together. xox

Murphy said...

I think it is great! You should include it in your art!

Eileen Bergen said...

That's beautiful, Deb! I think you created a new poetic poem. Shall we call it Daiku - with D for Deb?

Eileen Bergen said...

P.S. I'm still not working out for significant periods (more than 5 min. at a stretch). But I'm toning maybe 10 min. a day and pretty active around the house. I clean like a whirling dervish. lol.

Consequently exercise doesn't give me time to think deep thoughts. Reading your blog does ;-)

F. McButter Pants said...

Love it!

gamma3 said...

deb, you have such a gift i would love to have. but you know it is really nice to be able to enjoy it all thru your blogs. don't stop. so much of your writings and art work give me joy, to start my day. i know others feel the same way. (idea) street vendor?

Unusual Girl Studios said...

That is a great envelope! Lovely colors!

Katiejane said...

These are GORGEOUS pages!! And yes, my mind definately wanders when I exercise. Sometimes that is when some of my best art ideas surface.