Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Before we moved............

I was taking pictures of some of our things for insurance purposes and i stumbled across the
photos the other day and i thought they came out pretty especially the first one here of all my swaroski crystal figurines........I probably have about 15 and i've been collecting them for a little over 20 years. If you look you can also see a purple dragon which i just LOVE and kind of blurry in the background is the bottom half of a tall fairy......aaahhh fairies and dragons and crystal oh my! I have plans once we are settled to raise the dragon up on something so he is looking down on his crystal 'subjects'...?? lol And i have some shattered glass to lay around the bottom. You know me i'm always looking for ways to recycle things well while working at that home improvement store we had a glass shower door shatter and someone had swept it all up and put it in a box and it was headed to the dumpster when i had this brilliant idea of adding it to my curio cabinet for sparkle and did i bring that shattered glass all the way from TX to Ca......you bet! This shelf seriously needs some help...........its rather skimpy........while stationed in Germany with hubby in the army i worked for a German clock store.......yep.......grandfather clocks....cuckoo clocks you name it plus they carried other stuff like David Winter houses and these roses.......darn if i can remember the name of them.....the box is long gone and no label on the bottom...........but in person they are so beautiful and delicate and i just pray they made the trip to CA in one piece........the frog....now don't laugh.......he's glass and i found him at a LOVE"S gas station while traveling.........he is so beautiful the way the light hits him he seems to glow from within and if you look close just at the edge of the photo is a blue turtle that glows just the same...couldn't resist........so now they are not as valuable as some of my other pieces but its not about that.......Its about what makes my heart flutter , my breath come a little faster.......It has to have that OOOOoooo factor.............Oh and the eggs in the back i've had them forever and they ARE real eggs. I found them on the ground after a storm blew a nest out of a tree..........and they were miraculously unbroken...... This is one of my favorite shelves. I've been collecting them forever......some from Europe......some from Mexico and the good ole' US of A. There alabaster and amber....onyx. and others i can't remember.....I need some egg stands badly. I'd like some stands of different heights....right now they are all the same and i have alot of space before the next shelf just wasted. Do you have a favorite??? Purple is my favorite color and i like the amber one too.......who am i kidding i love them all. :) Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You have quite a collection of items. I used to collect and display until the mulch recycling plant moved a mile away. They say they don't create dust, but my treasures disagreed. They are packed away for the time being, until I find more time in each day to dust.

Sorry, but I love your frog the best. One of my collections that I did NOT pack away!
xx, Carol

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Deb. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. To show you how small the world is: you mention June at ACreativeDreamer--well, I met up with her when I visited Lexington, KY in April, and in May I visited family in Pleasanton, CA, altho I missed the antique show. Enjoyed reading your blog!
best from Tunisia,
nadia

F. McButter Pants said...

You do have quite a collection! Was glad I saw a post from you in my reader!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh my husband would break em all. He is not good with glass around anywhere, even the kitchen. He is the proverbial bull in the china shop. Some amazing crystal there on that display. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

My, you are quite the collector! I wouldn't have guessed that about you, Deb. You have some beautiful things. I'd love to see more of the dragon. He looks amazing.