Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Dippin' My Toes in Tahoe!

Are there places in this world you want to see? Places that you've seen pictures of a million times......but you still want to see it with your own two eyes? I have many places like that on
my 'Bucket List'. Lake Tahoe with its beautiful blue water is one of those places i have longed to see. A Father's Day gift that spread to me through association. lol. And that wasn't the only gift. I got to see a side of my husband i haven't seen in a long time......a man with a camera.....when we first met i never saw the man without a camera around his neck. It was a part of him. Then life happens as it often does........bills to pay.....mouths to feed.......camera gets pawned......all this was so, so long ago.......we just celebrated 23 years together and the pawned camera happened when our marriage was still young.....so in love.......so broke......lol........so to see him climbing over rocks......lying on his back .....to get just the 'perfect' shot was such a joy.
~
~I have more pictures to show over the next couple days.........but i'm sure you've seen many pictures of Tahoe before so i probably won't show you anything new........but i'm still pinching myself every now and then and looking over to hubby and saying 'You know we really had our toes in Lake Tahoe'........'yes dear'......
~
~I'll leave you with something i didn't know about Lake Tahoe until i saw it myself.......the sand at the beach is mixed with Fools Gold ........iron pyrite.....is that right? Is that what its called? For a minute you kind of catch your breath when you see it glinting in the sun. Beautiful. If you look at the picture above you can see some at the top of the picture. This picture was taken at Emerald Bay....so i don't know if its all over the lake or not. Gold between my toes. LOL ! Hugs! deb

2 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Sounds like the most golden thing were the moments. Lovely. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

Very cool. What a lovely post. I'm so glad a camera has found its way back into your husband's life.

Digital is so much fun. Tell him to check out CreativeLive for great free online classes. I've taken several and learned so much!