Friday, June 1, 2012

Poof!.........

............their gone.I had more pictures of the Antique Streetfaire we attended this past Sunday but i cannot find them ANYWHERE!! .......sigh.........but at least i have this one so you get a peek! So many people......so many wonderfully old things to look at, over 400 vendors...........and some things that made me feel old as i remember them from my childhood and now they are considered antique! LOL! This Streetfaire guaranteed everything was at least 20 years old or older........well........some vendors managed to sneak in a few things that were not that old mixed in with their old stuff but thats okay , i bought one of those not so old things :) .......The prices in my humble opinion were high........but then this is CA and i'am not a HUGE fan of antiques.........there are some things i like and would purchase but i just don't quite put the value on them that they do......I never realized it before but i found myself intrigued by the jewelry.....especially the brooches.......don't ask me why...i don't wear pins....but there were so many different ones ....arrrghhh i should have taken more photos.......sometimes i think my brain is still set on film being in my camera that i have to develop so when it comes to taking pictures i 'am conservative then afterwards its like Dummy you can just hit delete!
~
~Antiques......not really hubbys thing.........he's such a good sport.........give him some good food...had the most delicious sausage on a roll that we split and let him pet the dogs........everybody and their brother brought their dog to this thing and he's a happy camper.....lol........we walked and looked until i was tired....until there was so much to look at things started running together.........very seldom do we do an activity until i've had enough.....usually hubby's back starts to bother him or his knees and we have to call an early retreat but on THIS day I was the one who called UNCLE........lol.......I did walk away with a purchase or two but one is a gift that i shall not mention......yet.......I found a retired Swaroski crystal figurine in excellent condition! Its an owl.......the tag said $22.50 and we haggled down to $20 ....great hagglers aren't we?? lol......BUT i had a sneaky suspicion it was worth considerably more so when i got home i put Google to work................
~
~ My retired owl in excellent condition is worth about $40! Not bad huh........The guy said he got it from an estate sale of an 80 yr old woman who passed away. I have about 15 pieces of Swaroski crystal i've collected over the years........packed away........waiting for their new home.......Its been a couple years since i've added a piece so i was ssooo tickled to find this owl! I'm so sorry there hasn't been much artwork lately......i've been working on a mailart piece and i can't show it until it arrives at its destination........I almost have a sketch done to show you once i have it scanned in but its too large for my scanner so i have to take it to Office Max......Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Murphy said...

That Streetfaire looks like it would have been a blast! Congrats on scoring a good find. Seems California is agreeing with you!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Looks like a nice spot, pretty. I bet after a while it all looks the same and you just can't look anymore. Whenever someone says antique doesn't the price just shoot on up. Pretty silly.....Fun to check out your new area though. Sausage sandwich, sounds like the superhero, he loves em too. Not me though just started Weight Watchers ...life is different now. Gotta get fit. xox

Lori said...

I love street fairs! And score on the owl!

gamma3 said...

WOW! it looks so inviting. this has been the longest vacation. seems like one anyway. (time to come home) i am happy you are finding new things to explore. can't wait, i know it will be awhile. tell alvin hi. :)

Diane said...

Hi!
I wanted to thank you for coming over and visiting my blog--and I wanted to answer your question. Yes, you can use stamps for your artwork to sell. As long as they're used for just a part of your piece--they're basically another art medium like acrylics or pastels, etc.--just another art tool, and that's what they're meant for. And of course, you should give credit to the artist if asked.
This antique show is me!!--I love these shows!!