Monday, July 30, 2012

Alcatraz!

..............cost$28 a person.........hmmmm.....nope.......I'm not saying we will NEVER go see Alcatraz but for right now the view from here is just fine! So we saved $56 and let the ........... ........sea lions entertain us......i took waaay to many sea lion pictures.......ooops......I KNOW i could have stayed there for hours watching their antics...... ............i swear sometimes they were posing just for me..........so i let hubby decide when enough sea lion watching was enough...........there are just some things i don't seem to have an 'off switch'.......yes we all know about the broken chocolate and icecream switch but apparently i have a sea lion switch too and a hiking switch.......don't ask me while hiking when its time to turn around................. .........i always want to see whats over the next hill or around the next corner......so i always tell my hiking partners 'Just tell me when YOU want to turn around!' ........lol..........don't leave it up to my you'll be hiking forever..................... ...........these two guys kept trying to play 'King of Mountain'.......trying to push each other off...it was hilarious...........i came across some more San Francisco pictures i forgot to share with you.....these sea lions are at Pier 39. Stay tuned more SF coming.......Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Cute. I would have watched the critters over the prison tour anyday. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

HA!! $28. How many people turn away, but would have taken the tour if it were reasonably priced. I saw a documentary on the Rock and it was interesting, I would have watched the sea lion antics too. I have only seen them in zoos. You know where MY heart lies.
xx, Carol

Eileen Bergen said...

Last November we were in San Pedro and had a lovely late lunch on the pier.

We watched the seals (or sea lions?) frolicking while the fishing boat came in with their catches.

This post really brought back wonderful memories. Your photos are terrific!