Thursday, July 19, 2012

Good Thing..........

.............my husband is not a doctor.......he has trouble discerning between life and death....lol....Hubby knows the way i decorate the house that i love to bring the outside in. He's always bringing me bits and baubles he thinks i would like......a feather.....a curious rock you name it........well this time he brought me an 'empty' snail shell because he knows i collect them. He brought it home from work and proudly handed it to me at the front door. After a few oooh's and aah's i set it on my craft space planning to wash it out later and promptly forgot about it. The next morning i walk by the table on my way to COFFEE and this is what i see! I had a good chuckle. Apparently he was NOT dead so i took him outside and placed him the bushes. I LOVE snail shells , they are each so unique but i do not have the heart to kill the owner just to get the shell........i can just imagine what kind of bad karma THAT would be and believe in karma or not who would WANT to invite bad karma?? not me!
~
~I thought briefly of painting his shell........but that would be so unfair to him.....the bright colors may make him more visible to birds and worse yet the paint could somehow poison him by leaching thru his shell .........so i just let him go ...the way nature intended.Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Maybe it's time to teach hubs to figure out if something is breathing or not. LOL, glad he is safely restored back to nature. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love it. I am the same way about little nature gifts. The kids are always finding unique rocks and always bring me one from wherever they vacation.

Terry knows me that well too. He brings me frogs ~lol~

Your live snail story is great!
xx, Carol

Shrink to Fit said...

Love it! You are so kind.

gamma3 said...

this is to funny. i am surprised that jinx did not bring the gift to you. you got to love nature, and hubby too.

Laura J. Wellner (author pseudonym Laura J. W. Ryan) said...

I can't count how many times I've had the little snail still be at home when I've come across a shell in my garden! I've learned to be more thorough to check before I bring them inside...

Thanks for leaving a note on my Blog!

Laura

Eileen Bergen said...

Umm, Corrine, how do you check if a snail is still breathing? I must have missed that class in biology. lol.