Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Promise.............

.........for those of you who are not fans of MailArt this is the last MailArt post for a little while! And even before we get to the MailArt i have a Houseboat to show you! This little houseboat was so cute i practically SQUEALED! with delight and I . don't. squeal! But it WAS! I pleaded with my 'driver' to pull over.......i hopped out and snapped a photo. The tide must have been out because all the houseboats (this one the cutest by far!) were sitting in mud.......I guess i always had this romantic notion of a houseboat........but the whole tide out/ mud , fishy smelling thing??? I don't think so........I guess i could always go shopping everyday while the tide was out and come back home when the water came back???? Okay............you know how i said before i don't know how one has more than a couple MailArt buddies as mine keep me quite busy. :) And gladly so.........but i found myself with a breather between MailArt projects and i decided to surprise a friend back in Texas. Isn't this purple gorgeous??? I achieved it with acrylic paint in purple and white........thinned with a little water and used a paint brush on a manila folder cut down to size. I started with full strength purple ans slowly added white to achieve i hope a little depth...... ........the other side i decided on yellow and red and incorporated them to get some orange......Do you recognize where the MickeyMice came from????? They are paint samples from HomeDepo......My friend is a HUGE fan of Disney and when i saw them at the store i KNEW i had to make a card or something for her out of them........As i started to add them to the painted envelope it crossed my mind......'Wouldn't it look COOL if i cut out the ears across the top?!'So gave it a go and it worked! I thought i would have trouble matching up the front and the back but i cut them both at the same time and no problem! I made sure to use the lighter colored Mickeys to put the address and return address on and then it hit me that i needed to include Minnie! You see i never know what i'm gonna get. I try not to plan these things and just let them evolve........Minnie as you can see needed a little bit of attitude! This Minnie on the purple side came from an abstract piece from a MailArt buddy....I just traced a Mickey on top of it cut it out gave her a bow and Presto! Minnie with attitude! On this side i found some more abstract and added a bow and yet ANOTHER side of Minnie! LOL! The Go girl! stickers came from another MailArt buddy! I think my Texas friend enjoyed her SURPRISE in the mail!
~
~Remember how cool i keep telling you it is here in CA?? Well we are having our own heatwave! Today the high is 100 and we flirt with 100 the rest of the week........uuughhh.....Gonna get whatever i need to get done, done early! Hugs! deb

3 comments:

gamma3 said...

mail art is a two way piece of art. the lucky person to receive it and the person to make it. i am glad to say i was the receiver. thanks a million. and it means more that you made it for me. luv you so much

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

How cool is that ....I could so live in that little house boat, bet you could too but what would jinx think? Minnie minnie good stuff mail. xox

Maria said...

love the mail art, and I would've squealed as well when I saw that house boat..lol.