Sunday, July 8, 2012

Movie Review Time.............

Its been awhile since i've done a movie review. Mostly because we had not been to a movie since coming to California but here lately thats been rectified. .....We were worried about the prices and such but come to find out as long as we go to a matinee showing the prices are not much different than TX. So now we have been to 4! Are you ready???
Snow White and the Huntsman!...........I personally LOVED this movie........Everyone i went with just like it...........oh well guess i'm showing my geekiness..........is that a word? I think Kristen Stewart did a great job as Snow White........and the huntsman was played well..........if anything i felt disappointed with Charlize Theron her performance felt forced and over the top. But this is a great little fantasy movie with awesome special effects. I was very happy with it as a whole.
~
~Prometheus............ I was so disappointed with this movie.........I so looked forward to it......It was dull and boring..........and this was one movie that the special effects could not carry it. Rent it i guess sure.....I mean Ridley Scott the man knows how to make a SciFi movie........but i think this one fell flat........
~
~Avengers.............we had seen the previews to this movie.........but i don't know maybe we had just had enough of Superhero movies or something but we were not keen on going to the movies to see it.........THEN our son heard we had not seen it and he about hit the roof......This is the BEST movie of the year and you haven't seen it??!! You gotta go!!! So we did and it did not
disappoint . It was fast and exciting and totally worth the money spent. So if your a fan at all of the Iron Man movies and Thor and Captain America and The Hulk.........which they have a new guy playing the Hulk and he's good........the rest are the original actors.........Worth you time!!
~
~And last but not least.......BRAVE........i have wanted to see this movie since the first previews and i was not disappointed. Just a lovely movie. And there is a cartoon short before the movie starts about the moon and stars and its absolutely adorable.......Definitely worth your time and money..............so there! Back in the saddle again with the movies..........Whew! I've missed them!
~
~I notice that Blogger still keeps announcing they are going to the upgraded interface.....i thought that was supposed to have happened already...........Well anyway i've made the decision to stop blogging once they do that...........i think it may be the only way to break my internet habit. LOL! Theres way to much life out there i'm not living..........And i really have no interest in learning a new interface.......and really i don't know i've been doing this for a couple years now and i have less than 50 followers........I must not be doing something right....... :) Keeping up a blog has lost its rosy glow for me............it may be time to move on........I do still plan on visiting my favorite blogs over coffee just not keep one of my own......But until Blogger upgrades i'll still be here! Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Thanks for the movie reviews, we usually do on demand. I was hoping the Snow white flick would be good but I sensed it would not be as good as I hoped. I would have skipped Prometheus anyway, Avengers maybe, but Brave did look interesting. Mail is more fun. xox

Heather said...

Dear Deb. Hello from Canada. I have been reading your blog for years. I will try to comment more instead of just take take take! I hope you don't quit blogging. It is interesting reading about people's lives (you in this case) who live in far away places. IT is nice to see photos of nature in those places and hear about every day life. The new blogger interface is not all that bad. There should not be too steep of a learning curve! Hope you are having a nice day.

Heather (from the mega plan dot blogspot dot com)

Eileen Bergen said...

Awww, Deb I'm sorry to hear that you've decided to stop blogging.

I switched to the new interface a long time ago and love it. I was hoping it might help you solve the paragraphing problem.

Where will we be able to see your lovely art work and photos?!

You've been very generous in sharing your life and adventures with us. Thank you ;-)

P.S. I've been inundated with spam lately too. I just don't get these people who have nothing more productive to do with their lives!

A lot of it is just stupid - poor grammar and spelling, non-sensical rambling.