Friday, August 3, 2012

Fear of................

...........Failure..........I face it every time i begin a sketch until its conclusion...........it has morphed from failure in other's eyes to failure in my own eyes............and i suppose that is an improvement but still................. ..............i let it paralyze me in so many ways............i hesitate to even begin some things.......this drawing has been lying on the proverbial 'drawing board' for quite some time now.........i was very VERY happy with how the sketch turned out and only after i had it safely scanned in did i even attempt to 'color' it............i agonized over my many options.........water color......colored pencil and OMG maybe on a canvas even................ ...........instead i played it safe..............and used my familiar colored pencils.......daydreamed of color choices......fell asleep at night thinking about color placement....all this before i even started........ ........I'am now working on the details........hubby walked up yesterday and said he LOVED it SCORE!!.....and said he cannot wait to see what i do with the background.....background? omg......i never even thought of the background.........now what?..........I'll show you the finished piece next time.....i'm thinking of just letting the sketch stand alone on a white background..........?? Hugs! deb

4 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There is that door again!

I had a discussion about fear just this morning..fear of failure of another type. We all have that fear about something. Open the door.
xx, Carol

BTW..Hubs saw background, but its not his art.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I love it too. Just keep doing what you are doing....trust your gut. xox

E. Jane said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. Love your artwork! You have talent...believe it!

Katiejane said...

But your art always comes out soooo good! I'm glad you take the leap each time.