Monday, August 13, 2012

He Thinks He's So Entitled........

..........the Cat not the Human..... :).......the Humans are the Enablers........Whatever we are eating....he has to at least have a taste......even if you KNOW he won't like it......you can't tell him anything......he has to figure it out for himself....he's very polite...tap here...tap there...HELLO i'm down here.........come to find out he likes a lot of things you wouldn't think a cat would like.........cheetos.....wheat thins......cheese of ANY kind....from the can that you put on crackers......colby, cheddar, american......yogurt.....if he doesn't get to lick out the container he's highly offended.......how could i possibly forget HIM! ........whipped cream.......milk ...no he just wants to smell your milk.........icecream......melted only please.........cream cheese......trust me the list goes on......... 5am...........its when i'm fed people........i don't care if it is Sat/Sun morning and you want to sleep in 5am......i will walk all over you until you get up.......you are so cruel your STARVING me!.....Oh and those turkey feathers you brought home to craft with their MINE i tell you MINE.....it doesn't matter if you put them on top of the frig or the highest shelf in the cabinet knotted in a grocery bag......their MINE! (if you look in the bottom left first picture...he won)Theres only one time i make Jinx work on his powers of patience........5am..........i make hubby breakfast and Jinx must wait.........I pack hubby's lunch and Jinx must wait.........don't fool yourself that he waits quietly no no no.......he complains and paces the whole time........Hubby tells me i should feed him just to shut him up..........Me? Its my one little rule for Jinx.......humans come before cats.......i tell him it builds character.......and you know what? I put his food down there and he nonchalantly walks over and takes one bite and walks away......he wasn't hungry anyway.....sigh...... This is a postcard i made from a piece of cereal box.....i sealed it with mod podge and then
painted with acrylic, the roof you can tell is partly corrugated cardboard and the princess is off a Starbucks sleeve that i painted over...i think she turned out pretty good! The star and flowers are just doodled....... The back is some dvd stickers......i have alot of those lying around so you'll probably see them again....I used water color paint and that worked really well . It was easy to get the colors to blend, much easier than acrylic. I used a pit pen to write some quotes i liked on it. And i have word it arrived safe and sound! I'll tell you the post office does not like to see me coming......I really had hoped for a different outcome.....i thought i might make some of them smile.........but in truth i think i just frustrate them........I may need to revamp the way i've been doing the MailArt........tone it down a little.......stop gluing stuff on there so much and mostly deal with just paint.........I had one piece returned to me and i 'm assuming its because i had went overboard on the modpodge.......lol.......I'm kind of liking the idea of postcards like the one above instead of envelopes........hmmm... we'll see..........Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Lindy Gruger Hanson said...

The Mushroom House is sweet. Love it's whimsy.

I like making mail art too. Fun to send and receive!

Have fun!

Shell said...

So Pretty! Love all the Colors and Whimsey!! Thanks for leaving a Comment,,,,,What is WITH Blogger lately? I love me some pinterest BUT you don't get to KNOW people!

I love the pic of you kitty and the Antics! I want another Kitty too, but apparently we have MEAN raccoons in my neighborhood right now...have to wait a while till we get that under control. My doggies miss my "Tuxie" too! :( House isn't the same without a CAT!!

Hugs and Love,,,,,,,Stay COOL! I'm fine from FIRES,,,,Just LoTsA heat here in the next couple of days!!

Shell

New End Studio said...

Your Jinx story is making me smile. He's polite, love it. Thanks for stopping at my blog post about the glass jars experiment. I see now your feather on the floor, glad to know that you can take the waterproofing from it! Your mail art is terrific ♥