Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Welcome!!!

Come on in the Mushroom House! LOL! I think hubby had the contrast set a little high when he scanned it in for me, its a little on the dark side but OH! what a difference messing with the contrast has made....this looks much more true to life colors than what i was getting on previous scans.....the scanned images always looked so washed out or shiny spots would appear.....so who knew? contrast, contrast , contrast!
~
~Hubby tells me with no background it just looks unfinished.......but i can't help it.....this is how i 'see' it and thats my story and i'm sticking to it! I have some more mushrooms in mind...i think a tall skinny one next and i can think of oh so many ways to color this one so you may see this image again and again. Especially intriguing is the idea of painting it on canvas or board and crackling the top.......doesn't that just sound delicious??
~
~Getting ready for a heatwave the rest of this week......this past weekend we were in the high 70's , unusual even for here but oh did we lap it up! We hiked most of the day Saturday on the hills of Livermore.......hubby took some pics that i have to get from his phone....deer ,turkey they are always nearby and a beautiful 6 point buck with felt on his horns.....the rest of the day kind of fell flat..........we have terrible luck when it comes to picking new restaurants......just terrible....unless we stay with the big national chains we just end up not happy with the food...sigh....we were a little early for the movie (Total Recall) so we stopped in Sauced......the smell coming from the restaurant was wonderful! Not wanting a huge meal we both ordered the chili..........uughhhh.........it was basically sweet barbecue........not our idea of chili.......i did like the fact it was made from pulled pork instead of the usual but the sweet was just overpowering ...so sad.......Oh and by the way Total Recall??? A Total Bust......save your money........ Schwarzenegger did it best and just leave it at that....some things are just better left alone..........Stay cool! Thanks so much for stopping by!Hugs! deb

11 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I expect to see hobbits or fairies emerging from the mushroom house. Too bad about your restaurant experiences, oh well in time you will find some sweet or not so sweet I should say, spots to dine. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh I love to see your artwork in my blogroll. This is an amazing piece and I am so glad that you stuck to your...whatever artists stick to..and left out the background. Your mushroom house is vibrant. Its a fab piece.

Good food is hard to find at a decent price especially. Most places we like are local owned mom and pop but they are getting harder to find.

Sorry the show was bad but you had a great hike!
xx, Carol

gamma3 said...

well, i know where you can get a great bowl of chili. (T E X A S). i know you already know that. maybe i will bring you some. i love the new piece. hubby has a point, but if i know you it will come out great no matter what you do. have fun with it.

Jackie said...

I love your mushroom house. I like that you stick to your guns about the background. You know what you want. When I did ceramics years and years ago at college I did mushrooms all the time. They are very inspiring.

CraftyViolet said...

I love it! You are a true artist - me? I just play. I don't consider myself an artist at all. I bet if you had this printed on cards they would sell as quick as you could print them out.

Roxie said...

Beautiful, Deb.

*jean* said...

what a fun place! i want to visit this house!! do you use just colored pencil or do you combine with watercolor? i love the combo of those two, myself...thanks for stopping by my giveaway!! good luck!

Suzy Myers said...

I think a whole series is in order. I love the vibrant colors. And a background would have taken away from your mushroom. Awesome job!

suzy

Katiejane said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!

Eden said...

Deb, This turned out AmAzIng!! What I find so fascinating is looking at your texture. It almost looks like you used real stones for the rocks and yarn for the other parts below the mushroom! Good job! I also like the picture of your desk with all your fun supplies :D

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the mushroom house, fabulous detail, they would look great in felt too. Thanks for visiting my blog.