Monday, September 17, 2012

Infusion of Art..........

...........after so much traveling what this blog needs is an infusion (transfusion) of Art! I have to say i've been in a little bit of an artistic 'funk' lately and this Work In Progress (WIP) has been in 'progress' for a little while..........but see i have some news.....i mean NEWS waiting on the horizon that i want to share but i'm holding my breath ...which is hard to do on a 'Just Breathe...' blog and i don't want to 'jinx' it if that is even possible.........well anyway its just put me in a funk of sorts......But everything is coming to a head and good news or bad news i will share it when it happens...........Now......art....... I love this piece for a couple of different reasons.......one...its recycled chipboard from a FiddleFaddle box......I coated it with ModgePodge and let it dry and the acrylic paint is going over it beautifully..................... .........and two....I watered down the acrylic and went across the top edge of each layer and then had a fabulous time blowing the paint........what i see..........what i want you to see are waves and thats the foam on top blowing over the crested wave.......do you see it??? i hope so......and what could that scaley thing be lurking in the layers???? Well this is going to be a postcard......an over sized postcard...I've already mailed one of these thru the mail so i know it will go......official postcard size is 4x6 inches but thats way too small to have any fun with lol! And...............I won a GiveAway over at Jean Zoss's bluebird blog . What an amazing box of goodies this was! She also stuck some of her artwork in there and papers....what fun! These magazines are way more abstract than i am but they teach me to loosen up a little and i find ways to add different techniques into my more structured art......This really was a box full of JOY! Thank you so much Jean! Well stay turned i've got some book and movie reviews coming and we went to the Harvest Festival this past weekend...no cameras aloud but i'm dying to show you what i bought! Hugs! deb
PS. I disabled the Word Verification again.......i KNOW how annoying it is.....lets give it a try...if it shows back up you know it didn't work out......sigh.......

4 comments:

Lori said...

Yay! No word verification!

I love fiddle faddle. I haven't had it in eons!

Maria said...

I love your art explorations! Keep on going. You won all of those magazines and papers? Wow.
xo
Maria

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Always movement in your pieces, like your hiking! What a great giveaway win - amazing package. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the cresting wave effect you got by blowing the paint.

Great tip about Mod Podge to prep the chipboard. I've been saving chipboard boxes with nothing particular in mind.