Thursday, November 15, 2012

Apple Hill.........


All work and no play.........well you know the saying......even though we are trying hard to pull the house together sometimes you just need to get away..........and a weekend romp to Apple Hill was just the ticket...I almost didn't post the above picture because it wasn't 'perfect'.......but the more i looked at it the more i liked it.......little tents with homemade wares interspersed among the trees......sun filtering thru.......cold in the shade...the sun gloriously warm on your back when you stepped into it.........if the top of that picnic table looks white to you?.....it had a coat of ice on it!

Apple Hill is just what it sounds like........apple orchards........apple picking...apple cider.....apple this and apple that........lots of arts and crafts thrown in.......and not just one orchard but several orchards 'up on the hill' take part........you could go orchard hopping......everyone trying to offer something different...some had hayrides......a fudgebarn........yum.......

Just a lovely atmosphere..........and oh i must have needed it......i think i could hear my soul singing...... I LOVE crisp fall air......to be bundled up and warm but walking around in the cold.....one word...fleece....i good fleece jacket is a gold mine in the cold......i have a red fleece jacket by The Gap given to me several years ago and there 'ain't nuthin' gettin' thru that sucker'......( I have a vision of me looking like a ripe red tomato walking around in it but thats the negative voices in my head i try not to listen to...and i know get off my ass and lose the weight and the voices will go away..)

Lots of the trees had moss growing on them . I got the feeling that, that orchard had been there for quite a while....

One of the best things about apples?........they  turn into this!!! Hubby and i shared a bowl of homemade caramel over an apple........yum........


These guys took my breath away......I cannot begin to describe to you how big they were! They came up to my waist. Irish Wolfhounds!  So friendly and loved all the attention they were getting.....



Last but not least i got hubby to pull over at a tree farm...........our companions did not 'get' it.......why do you want to walk around a tree farm , we're not getting a tree(so they sat in the truck)..........to be out there...surrounded by all the pines........the smell........ahhh....how do you describe it......i don't even think my hubby 'gets' it but he wants me to be happy so he walked with me holding my hand.......I know what my soul craves......what my soul needs.........the quiet.....the stillness......the trees......there was no hiking going on , on this trip but that didn't mean i couldn't walk among the trees.........

We are expecting a rainy three day weekend here..........hope you are warm and toasty where you are.....Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Oh pretty pretty. We have lots of places like that here and I love it......Glad you have one too, what a great spot. The house will get done...someday. xox

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

How glorious..sad couple that stayed in the truck. What a great day trip. The apples look great too!

Happy Thanksgiving.
xx, Carol

Eileen Bergen said...

I love your appreciation of nature, Deb. The way you describe it and your feelings - really make me stop and think, and hopefully start "smelling the flowers" more myself.

I love the 1st picture. The light streaming through the trees is gorgeous. It could be pumped up with a bit more contrast and high def in Lightroom or Photoshop. Then it would be spectacular!

Does your hubby play with LR and PS? I know he's quite the photographer.