Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I can breathe again.........

.......................Thanksgiving brought with it sniffles and sneezes and i'am just now coming back to the land of the living........i can finally breathe again..........As others were tackling the turkey i grabbed a box of tissues and my cup of coffee and did something i never make time for but i love to do.....I love puzzles but i have it in my head that they are a colossal waste of time...surely i could think of something better to do with my time and i usually do but Thanksgiving morning was a quiet one........everything was under control and i thought this was the only thing i had the energy to do..........I secretly hoped others would join in and my hubby did for a while but mostly i entertained myself...............
i fondly remember my mother in law always put a puzzle out on a card table during family get together and it seemed everyone children and adults alike took turns throughout the day sitting down and putting a few pieces together.......sometimes the puzzle got finished and sometimes it didnt'..........didn't really matter.........it was the idea of doing something together..........this is a lovely puzzle of four different birds by Charles Wysocki , 300 pieces............anyone up for a puzzle swap??? I'll send you this one and you send me one.........300 - 500 pieces only please. lol  the thousand piece puzzles just seem more like work than fun....lol...  Just email me if your interested nuleaf at comcast dot net.........

I've been poking my head in the craft room lately..........tentative baby steps......feeling my way......not sure what i want to start with......i have so much to choose from ........its hard to know what i want to bury myself off in first.........You'll notice the header changed.....i finished the postcard i started at the apartment...........good to have that done.......it was alot of fun playing with the paint.......figuring out how to get it to do what i wanted it to do........Four days of rain expected here........good excuse to hunker down and get something started...........Stay warm! Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Sorry you have not felt well. It seems like the bug landed in our town. Since Monday just about everyone at work has it and more and more people I talk to do too.

We used to work puzzles all the time. Terry and I worked different shifts so he would work on it to unwind after work before he went to bed. I worked on it in the evening because I missed him and wanted to stay busy.

Incidentally, puzzles are NOT a waste of time. It activates your brain and helps to ward off Alzheimers.
Feel Better
xx, Carol

jinxxxygirl said...

Well there! I feel better about time spent doing puzzles already! lol! Hugs! deb

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I was really enjoying your puzzles and you have picked such nice ones to do.....now buy some thrift store ones and paint them with your own illustrations and make your OWN puzzles.....xox

denthe said...

So funny that I just wrote a blogpost with this same title ☺ Though yours has a medical background while mine was more psychological. Love those puzzles!

Eileen Bergen said...

Love the Wysocki birds! Certainly the turkey was the correct puzzle to do Thanksgiving morning. Don cha hate being sick over the holidays?!