Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Its Beginning to Feel.........

..................a little more like home everyday........all my little bits and baubles are finding their new homes..... sculptures are by Haydn Larson. I tried to attach a link here to his website ...hope it works.
Fell in love with his work when i found it in a little shop just outside San Antonio, TX. Each one  has a little cup in the bottom to put something....as you can see in one i put crystals and in the other a bird nest and bird....i was very happy with the look in my old home but now i'm thinking maybe moss and a small candle in each one...............??


The upstairs has blinds at the window but we still have sheets at the windows downstairs....my cuckoo clock that made the trip many many moons ago from Germany to Texas and now California has lost its cuckoo.......well the little birdie is there but he's not talking....hope i can help him find his voice again one day........  :)


The little shelving unit is new...found it in Hobby Lobby....I've always wanted something like this and now i have room to put one...but i have nothing to put on it....lol....I'm thinking maybe a plant or two...this place needs some greenery......those copper plates are from when we went skiing in the Alps while stationed in Germany.  After Desert Shield and Desert Storm the army gave us a three day family vacation there for free!  


Just bought these lamps at Kirklands the same weekend we went to Apple Hill.........My hubby heaved an audible sigh of relief that i finally found something i liked. Poor guy i dragged him all over everywhere looking for just the right lamps......lol..........endtable is new too but i sure don't like how it looks in this photo(that yellow tint is just not there in person)... its a mixture of slate and wood...coffee table the same...I tried to get a good picture of the living room but the camera just wasn't having it....I'll try again.......

New dining room table.....bar height........gets its inaugural Thanksgiving on Thursday.......tried to beg off Thanksgiving this year but when family says.........'I'll bring the turkey!'...what do you do?? lol........and in all honesty it forced me to push a little harder to get things hung up......clean a little more...and even though i'm tired, as i went room to room dusting and scrubbing and vacuuming  i feel more acquainted with my new home .......

I finished a piece of MailArt........a post card........I'm dying to show you but i'll let it get to its recipient first.....The craft room believe it or not is all squared away.....hubby just has to install the ceiling fan.  Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Hugs! deb

6 comments:

gamma3 said...

ah...............home sweet home

gamma3 said...

oh my goosh girlfriend. it happened. you know what. with that said i really wanted to tell you and alvin i love what you have done. i know that putting up your "memories" in your new home is one of the blessing for ya'll this year. they look great, and plan to see for myself one day.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Looking good. Have to check out those sculptures, hmm, intriguing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. xox

Whimsey Creations said...

Very nice and I love those sculptures! Thanks for sharing the link. Hugs!

Maria said...

Lovely things you've got in your new home! Be happy there... :)

CraftyViolet said...

Looking very good. I love the sculptures too - very cool!
Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.