Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Double Take..........

.............or around here it would be a Triple Take........I LOVE these black wooden cats i bought off Ebay several years ago.........in the old house they graced the tops of the window frames but here it just didn't seem to fit.....the cats too country and the house too modern.....infact they may not even fit on the stairs here but i like them there.........they're fun.......especially when you do own an actual black cat....I've seen hubby do a double take a few times walking by the stairs thinking one of them was actually Jinx. Whether it actually fits the house or not sometimes................that doesn't matter.......somtimes it just fits ME.
I've painted another postcard........I'll show you next time.........did you notice the one in the header?? Well i'll show you how i did the backside (writing a note and address and stuff). To be honest i have to admit its happened AGAIN..........I haven't posted much because I stumbled across a trilogy book series in an old second hand bookstore in Sacramento and i have had my nose in the books ever since. 'The Crystal Cave', 'The Hollow Hills', ' The Last Enchantment'...........They were written in the 70's by Mary Stewart.  It is about Merlin and King Arthur and the story is narrated by Merlin......it really is fascinating and since it does not quite follow the expected tale of King Arthur it has kept me at the edge of my seat because i never know what twist or turn it will take.....If that kind of thing intrigues you at all i highly recommend it.........Movies of late have included on video.........MIB 3........it was okay........it definitely has lost alot of its original punch.........I enjoyed the ending alot........it was handled really well........definitely good for a rental.......Skyfall........I personally loved this movie but hubby was rather ho hum about it........not sure why......i think hubby did not like them showing Bond as a drunk and druggy.........and normally i would agree with him........for some reason it seem to fit in the movie for me and really it was just a little blip in the movie.......the movie showed some of Bonds roots......where he came from........the ending really caught me by surprise (hubby said he knew it was coming....MEN) I won't tell you what it is incase your a Bond fan i don't want to ruin it.......definitely a must see in my book. Holding my breath waiting for The Hobbit..... i sure wish they would have made the Hobbit movies before Lord of the Ring movies.....i hate it when they mess up the order of things....kind of like the Star Wars movies.....uuughh...See you soon..........Promise! Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I see you are back to your movie going! Doesn't jinx think those kitties are rivals?? xox

Lori said...

LOL - those kitties are cute!

Shrink to Fit said...

I love those kitties on the stairs. You're right, sometimes we just have to make a space our own! Love your new place!

denthe said...

Oh, they're cute! Especially the one laying down.

Eileen Bergen said...

Love the cats on the stairs. I think they'd fit any house.