Thursday, December 27, 2012

Here's a New Year's Resolution for you.....

Please       Don't     Runover     Turtles........

I just read this article and sadly a part of me is not surprised at the results but at the same time
i was shocked....personally  i'm one of those people who will get out of the car and help the turtle across the road.......I'm one of those people who cringes and slows down when i'm driving thru the migrating Monarch butterflies........and cried when i could not help but runover a raccoon years ago....to just willfully take a life like that is just beyond me......to runover them just for pleasure or a 'hobby' as one guy put it......really?Didn't know it but i guess i'm a turtle hugger too not just a tree hugger....lol 

Slow down.............miss the turtle......Hugs! deb

2 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I pull over too and get out and help....Can't stand the the thought that these folks don't think we are all connected. Hope you are enjoying the holidays in your new home! xox

CraftyViolet said...

My daughters and I all love turtles too. I think we have all stopped traffic to make sure the turtles get across the road. One time when we were stopped another car pulled up and stopped and the kid was going to pick up the turtle and I told him it was a snapping turtle so he better stay back. He put his hand out and the turtle snapped at it, but missed. He grabbed a stick and was going to hit the turtle. I waited a mini second for his father to stop him and when he didn't, I grabbed the stick. The father and I had a few words and they left and we waited until the turtle was safely off the road. That was years and years ago and I'm still upset over the man's attitude!