Tuesday, December 18, 2012

MailArtLove Intermission.......

While i'm still working on painting that purple......(taking several coats) i thought i'd show you some postcards i made............these are oversized......and cost a little more to send than your avg postcard but i'd rather work a little big.........this top picture here is the back of the postcard that is in my header ('Sea Monster') I used blank cd labels that my hubby was going to throw away. ( Good heavens man don't you know better than to throw anything away by now! lol) I colored them using watercolor . I have a feeling i used really cheapo watercolors as they became powdery when dry and i had a difficult time writing on them but after i gave it a coat of mod podge i was able to write fine. Lesson learned! It was very easy to get some pretty mixed colors of red/orange/yellow.....much easier than acrylic..........
Heres another postcard...........both these postcards are painted on cereal boxes......the base coat is metallic blue.....i added glitter to the crescent moons......Snow walker is cut from the dust jacket of a book i recently finished.  Excellent book by the way....  :) Playing with paint has been so much fun. I cannot tell you how much. And painting on cereal boxes has really taken alot of pressure off to be 'perfect'............and just relax and play........

This is the back of the above card and again cd labels and water color.......Now back to that seed pod tree..........Hugs! deb

2 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I know since snow walker is here. Love your cards. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

Reading that circle writing really made me dizzy, Deb. You're too much. How did you feel while writing in circles?

The serpent is wonderful. He shares my desk right now, so I can take in all the beautiful details little by little.