Thursday, January 17, 2013

Down the Rabbit Hole...............

I know.......i know......i'm suppose to working on a little tree....but i ran into a little snafu with that....something i bought from Hobby Lobby ended up being damaged so while i try to think of a way to improvise i got to sketching.....I started making the little swirls at the bottom left hand corner , having no idea where it was gonna go....and this is what became of it. I'm not thrilled with the composition the flower bud on the right looks i don't know a little wonky?? lol......If i ever mess with this image again i might do away with that bud and just let the vine climb up the iron fence.........I was hoping this picture was going to be a little larger so you could see all the crazy detail........ but blogger doesn't seem to be cooperating...... sigh.....it used to give options on picture size right? well i don't see that anymore.....

i also decide to try putting a watermark on it....The last black and white image i posted ......remember the peacock one??? is still my most frequented post and i find it all over the place so i thought maybe i better try to put my name on it......i did sign it on the original but i thought if this image is going to make the rounds of the internet it might as well bring me some traffic no? Anyway i hope its not too distracting down there in the corner :) 

Work still has not started on the house........I'm not looking forward to having all those workers in here but i'am SO ready to get this house put back together.......we've been living in half a house........lol......almost feels like the apartment again.....The rug guy tells me he found out carpet! Yeah! I hope it matches closely to the carpet on the stairs.....if nothing else the dye lots will be different .....cross your fingers......hugs!deb

******Update....i found how to make the picture larger....lol...just run your cursor over the image and it gives you options.sm med lg xlg etc.....at least thats better.......I'll bet it ate up some of my picture storage capacity ......won't be doing that often but i so wanted you to see the details! 

9 comments:

Maria said...

Hi Deb, is your little critic sitting on the shoulder?? I think your drawing is lovely as is all of your art. Hope your house comes together beautifully and remember to put up lots of your art. :)

gamma3 said...

passion flower! when you put the vines on the fence i saw it. roland just went to the heart dr. so he says it looks like a clogged artery. love it like all your others.

Introverted Art said...

I think this is lovely as well. You are talented and creative, let it flow.

Geninne said...

Beautiful work Deb! :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Eden said...

Looks like a fun drawing!! I like the way it is going :D

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Great art, Deb.
Hope that carpet works so you can get that behind you.
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! It reminds me of a poppy -one of my favorite flowers. Can't believe people would use your image without your permission - I know, but it still surprises me what people do! But really. What satisfaction would they get out of that?
Hope they get your house back together real soon!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Drawing is great as usual. Watermark is fine. I need to do that to mine as well....Sorry the house is still in upheaval. Hope it gets resolved soon. xox

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the way the other two buds pop out of the border. To my eye, the 3rd bud would look better pointing straight up. Since I do mostly digi, that would be an easy adjustment. How can you "do away" with it when you're working in pen?