Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sorry I've Been Scarce.........

I'm so sorry i've been scarce here in blogland but things have been just a LITTLE crazy........We've gone from nothing happening on the house to a 100 miles an hour!  Sheetrock...tape and floating...texture and now paint is happening today......whew...the people in and out....questions...decisions....no english.......yadda yadda yadda the list goes on but the important thing is its getting done.......no matter if my nerves are frayed from air compressor noises and pounding of the airgun.....and today i'm sure it will be paint fumes.....lol.....its getting done......they are trying to match the kitchen cabinets kickboard all around the bottom and then next week it will be carpet....then maybe....maybe things will slowly get back to normal again..... Everything has to come back inside that we quickly put out in the garage.....or ferried upstairs.......to get it out of the water.....

I have squirreled myself away in the craftroom for most of the days...peeking out ........'checking' on things now and then or buried my head in a book or surfing online......just trying to stay out of the way....... I've managed to accomplish some things in the craft room....very close to calling it DONE on the tree ....started a MailArt postcard.......just fiddling.....I still find myself stressed by the end of the day when hubby comes home..... Two years of being home (not working) i've come to really enjoy and treasure my solitude and no matter how nice and friendly and courteous and efficient these people are i just really REALLY want my house back ..........Hugs! deb

3 comments:

Lori said...

Construction zones are just no fun to live with. Going through that right now with our bathroom. Of course, ours was by choice!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Don't blame you and construction is so disruptive to everything. How is Jinx holding up, is he wigged out? xox

Ricë said...

Yikes! What an adventure (but not in a fun way). Hope they're done SOON and you do, indeed, have your house (and life) back~~XO