Friday, January 18, 2013

Theyre heeerreee.......

We'll he's here........one guy....listening to country western music....is insulating my walls and putting sheet rock up....Jinx is squirreled away in the master bedroom behind a shut door and HE IS NOT HAPPY......but i don't want to have to worry about him with this guy going in and out the front door........but Jinx sure is voicing his opinion and thumping at the door....sigh...hang in there kitty......

I already had to 'speak up' once........so not my forte but i steeled myself and pointed out that the contract said R19 insulation and he had carried in R13........sigh......i HAD to say something right?? So...i did........He called his boss and his boss is bringing him some R19.......... He explained to me that there are some places he will have to use the R13 because the wall has 2x4's and won't fit R19 but there are definitely places that use 2x6's and will put the R19 there. Geesh! Am i on my toes or what?? lol!  

Also when reading the contract i noticed they charged us to removal of carpet ........um..........no you didn't remove the carpet the water removal people pulled and removed the carpet......BAM! caught that!  So what a learning experience this has been....I'm just so, so happy its started........Hugs! deb

2 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

You did the right thing in speaking out! Speaking out is not a problem for me but I know it is for some people. My mother insisted we all learn to stand up for ourselves and we learned very well (LOL) - and I passed that on to my children too.
Good job catching the "error" on the contract! Yes, read, read, read and question anything that's seems a bit off.

Eileen Bergen said...

Good for you, Deb! I hate confrontation and dealing with issues like this.

What is the difference between R19 and R13? Is R19 thicker as well as wider?