Sunday, January 27, 2013

To Brighten a Bleak and Dreary Winter....


You must be so tired of hearing about the work going on at my house... But sadly thats about ALL thats been going on....The wonderful progress we've been making has come to a halt and it looks like we have to back up and regroup....You know ..they tried and i have to give them A+ for effort ...but... the texture on the walls does not match up...........it just doesn't.....no matter how much i want it to ......we ALL want it to ....it just doesn't .....you can still see a line all the way around the rooms where they cut the 1 foot of sheetrock off the walls and then replaced it.......And with it being a brand new home....and we are looking at reselling 4-5 years down the road it just really needs to be as close to perfect as we can make it........So hopefully next week they will start retexturing the entire walls all the way up to the ceiling and then repainting......sigh....Theres just no reason not to do it right......So i'm sad to say you'll be getting more house reports......

This is a MailArt postcard i've been working on the last few days.... From working on the Magnolia Tree Seed Pod Tree.....thats a mouthful....lol.....i had some scraps of green paper left over and i HATE to throw anything away.........This is made on a piece of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal box. It is so pretty and bright in person....not sure if the pictures do it justice.......I can just see it flying through the mail brightening everybody's day who comes in contact with it....I'm getting kind of used to the Post Office people just shaking their heads and grumbling when i bring them a piece of MailArt to send off.  It used to kind a hurt my feelings....I do my best to leave them a place to put the stamps and i make the address nice and clear .... I have yet to find a clerk that just smiles and  goes...'Oh My thats pretty' and sends it on its way.....I guess i expect too much.....Well i hope these bright colors made YOU smile today!! Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Love all the different papers making up the grass.....hope the house is done soon. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Love this idea! I do believe I'm in a stealing mood today and just may have tosteal your idea to make some of those to mail to my grandchildren from time to time. Hope you don't mind? So many people have lost their sense of appreciation for art, not to mention their sense of humour! Ignore them and feel sorry for them.
Do not envy you for the renovations you are going thru but you are right to make sure it is back to the way it was before!

Seth said...

Beautiful combination of colors here. There will be one very happy person who gets this mail art.

Eileen Bergen said...

No, that's not too much to ask - a smile and a compliment!

You'd think it would add a little sparkle to an otherwise dull day. Besides, they should be grateful they have jobs!!!!!

Before I became self-employed, I always felt going the extra mile added to my job security.

Sorry to hear about the walls, but I think you're right to get it done properly. This too shall pass ;-)

Eileen Bergen said...

Lovely butterfly. I agree with Seth that the different papers/textures really add a nice touch.

Kim Andersen said...

I love it! purple and green are one of my favorite color combos ... we need all the color we can get this time of year don't we!?!

TinaW said...

Gorgeous postcards! Let me know if you'd like to exchange some mail art.