Thursday, February 7, 2013

Enchanted Tree Reveal............

When i saw this seed pod lying on the ground all i could see was how much it looked like a little tree.................A little bit of paint and glue and some shiny bling bling and i could have THIS!


A family member who's opinion i value told me it looks just like a Debbie Tree.........looks just like something i would make.......to me that says i have a 'style'..........a certain way i create.........not sure why but i like that :)........I know i have many styles i like...I'm a very eclectic person and i'm sure if you stick around long enough you'll see them.......but this? This is definitely a Debbie Tree......lol

What to top off that pot with really thru me for a loop or i would have been finished a while ago......I mean i had to put SOMETHING there......it was pretty ugly......i tried to top it off with moss.......and that just made a terrible mess.....i didn't know that moss was so messy and just fell apart so easily! I thought of using moss for some other projects.....i might have to rethink those.......I have a couple different ways of using the polymer clay to finish off the top of the pot.....i have an extruder and i was going to try to make some 'grass'........i also thought of a spiral 'snake' filling the pot.....ideas , ideas, ideas........but i really like these balls....i think they give it a real whimsical look and i like that........

I have a couple more trees in the works........i won't show you all their steps.......unless i do something different than this one.....I was hoping i could find a large variety of metallic paint colors but its pretty limited......I found a garnet red that really is more salmon colored.......an aquamarine and a sapphire.......With any luck i'll soon have an Enchanted Forest! Hugs! deb 

8 comments:

Whimsey Creations said...

I think it turned out fabulous Deb! The colors are wonderful.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

This is fantastic Deb - a new species "The Debbie Tree" - your claim to fame. xox

CraftyViolet said...

LOVE IT! ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! It looks amazing. Can't wait to see what the other two turn into!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very unique..Very Debbie ...Very purple. Love it. Yes, you do have your own style.

Laura Tieri said...

I just saw your post on Vanessa's AFT blog & I had to come over & check out your tree. It is amazing! I love it!
It's definitely something I would put out at my house.
I like what your profile says. I've been called a few of those things too. Nobody's ever accused me of being 'normal'. I just turned 50 in Dec. & I am definitely more comfortable with myself. (too late to change now anyway) :o)
I liked your post about turtles. You wouldn't believe how many critters I have rescued & shooed off the road. People always say that I'm going to get run over myself one day. I just get out & stop traffic. I have a purse with little scuff marks from using it to shoo a snapping turtle off the road & he kept attacking my purse. It makes me sick that people would run anything over on purpose.

Anne said...

Oh, Deb, your tree is fabulous!! I've never figured out what I could do with magnolia seed pods, but this so SO cute!! I did have one on my painting table last summer when I was doing the watercolor of the magnolia blossom, and I noticed how much the stem looked like a little
"palm" trunk ~ it's sublime! (And it's true, perfect clay little spheres don't come easy!) ~ ♥ ~ Delightful!!
Hugs,
Anne

Eileen Bergen said...

It's gorgeous and Debbie Tree is the perfect name. Next we have to define Debbie Tree. It brings to mind a legendary, or biblical, or I don't know - some kind of famous tree. Starts with J - I think.

Any idea what I'm talking about? lol.

Ricë said...

I LOVE it--and I love the colors! XO