Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In Honor........


................of Monopoly announcing their new game piece is a CAT , i thought we needed another Jinxy post! Look at this silly boy...is he loving a two story house or what?  My hubby was floored when i  wanted to buy a fake tree for the house.....me ? a fake plant? NEVER! But...but..I LOVE trees and i love any chance to bring the outdoors in.......But Jinx and his penchant for eating live plants really puts a damper on having alot of plants in the house....I have to try to out fox him whenever possible.....
In our old home i had a fine collection of cactus and succulents.....I'm not sure which one taught him a lesson :) but he left them alone....any other plant i have pretty much has to be a hanging plant to keep it out of his reach.....thats just the reality of a life with a cat.....so.........as much as i wanted a tree i was not gonna spend alot of money on one just to have him chew it up.  So this FAKE tree is my compromise . Personally i like it.....to me it does not scream fake and i got a great price on it at a furniture store that was going out of business and selling everything.......No one.......


............and i mean no one like my placement of the tree........I like it there on the landing......to me there is enough room to get around it going up the stairs.....All the other stuff you see piled there is from the flood.......thats where we stacked my books to get them out of the water....sigh.......The wall behind the tree....going up the stairs is where our family portraits will hang.....So, do you leave a tree where you like it or do you move it because hubby and family members tell you it looks odd there....? 

In other news.........this has been one busy house lately ....our weekend hiking got kicked to the curb when construction company called and asked if they could work over the weekend...HE** YES!So they spent two full days Sat/Sun mudding the walls all the way up to the ceiling.......taping everything off........they were a no show Monday but that was okay...i needed out of the house and took a nice loooong walk around the neighborhood......then they showed up yesterday Tues and did more taping and papering windows etc...... and this morning they are already here getting ready to blow texture on the walls........then they will knock it down and maybe......hopefully ....cross your fingers and toes and eyeballs and whatever else you can manage to cross they will paint by Friday.........please, please,please.....cause then the carpet guy can come and the window blind people can come and hang the blinds we bought for the vaulted windows.......we ended up with double cellular blinds in a light color that i'm hoping will block some heat and sun but still let in some light.....good compromise i hope......

Getting long here but after mentioning Monopoly i really wanted to ask if you like playing games?? I LOVE playing games but no one else in my family does......Hubby's step father loved playing games so much that he really burned everybody out on it......why? why do i always show up late to the party??  My mother in law was pretty much done doing arts and crafts when i came along. She used to do craft shows and such.... In another life if i had shown up earlier we would have had so much in common.....I think when my mother had me late in life (she was 38) it just set up that pattern for me. LOL! So what games do you like to play?? I like card games...Spades especially...but Rummy too.....I like Clue and Pictionary....Parcheesi......Chickenfoot with dominoes....Trivial Pursuit.....fun, fun, fun........Hugs! deb











4 comments:

Lori said...

Jinxy sure loves his heights!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Look at that silly boy! I saw the cat gamiece on the news today. Risk and Clue were my faves. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Oh, oh. not going to get in the middle of a tree discussion! Games, oh yeah. We love card games and board games for sure.

Eileen Bergen said...

Great picture of Jinxy by your tree. He seems to like the tree there ;-)

Games, me? No, not since childhood. Who has time? I can't hep thinking, this is a waste of time; I ought to be doing something productive. Odd how our priorities get set in stone, isn't it?