Thursday, March 21, 2013

I Had an Idea..........



.......where do you get your best ideas??? I wish i could answer with something romantic ...like maybe daydreaming over a cup of coffee or while on a walk but no.........my best ideas..(and the best ideas stands for the ones i usually follow thru with) come when i 'am walking around a craft store........aaahh the possibilities....lol This time i saw these cardboard flower shapes and i thought Wow wouldn't it be fun to send a bit of spring thru the mail......


Blogger is totally messing with me this morning.......now it wants to underline everything and i cannot seem to turn it off.....sigh...Gave me trouble uploading the pics too....geesh...
Anyway back to my IDEA...  :) Imagine a bouquet of flowers winging its way thru the mail...bright colors ....glitter ...Would that make you smile??? Makes me smile just thinking about it...
And i thought what a perfect way to practice more painting....Concentrating on shading and highlighting and just have fun......and i HAS been fun....no worries.....they are not quite done yet . I have the base coats on and now the fun begins........This shading business is a learning process and i'm sure some will turn out better than others....


One thing i have noticed about painting  .....it almost instantly strips away any stress i might be feeling.......Instant relaxation  ....in a paint brush.......a little of my fav music and my cares seem to fall away for a little while.......definitely recommend it! :)Hugs! deb

7 comments:

Eileen Bergen said...

Ooo, this looks like fun!

Lori said...

My ideas come in the shower! I joke that I need a dry erase board in there.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

You are right about painting. I used to paint ceramics. I think you are so focused on the paint process that your mind clears of everything else just fades away.

I have a feeling those flowers are going to be fab. I always love what you do with bold color.

ACreativeDreamer said...

Be careful about glitter if you want to mail them... those machines that do the sorting don't like it (that's what my postal people told me not so long ago). Just be sure to secure it well!

CraftyViolet said...

I never thought of sending something like that thru the mail. Are you treating them like a postcard?...or putting them in a padded envelope??
I totally agree with painting, or other crafting, releasing stress. I highly recommend it.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Clever you! I never have ideas like that in the craft store, it's always to overwhelming to me too much chaos. Mine come as I wake and in the shower. xox

Roselie May said...

Oh this looks so fun and beautiful!