Monday, March 4, 2013

My Christmas Cactus......


..............is ever so happy.........its so happy it decided to bloom for Easter too!
Crazy!!!
The sun was shining on the bright petals so prettily this 
morning i just had to run and grab
my camera....


...............I made spaghetti sauce in my crock pot today...MMMmmm..yum...and i decided to try something
new...MEATBALLS!!...can you believe i've never
made meatballs before?! Tell me how are you suppose to 
brown meatballs on all sides?? ...their round...stop laughin..
i can hear you ....okay well they ended up more like meatcubes
than meatballs but they did come out yummy
and thats all that matters right? :)


I lugged 5 big clay pots from TX and this past
weekend i bought what i needed to plant at
least one of them...the biggest one....it huge...i mean
really huge....i'll take a photo for next time...I spent a
little time this afternoon planting it....I tore up some 
Styrofoam to lay in the bottom of the pot to take up some 
room and help with the drainage then put some rocks in and 
some good potting soil on top.  I bought 3 red geraniums. 
I hope they grow....Geraniums is one plant i've never tried at home before....cross you fingers.....

See! I have a pink one with a little white thats extremely happy and a red one thats only putting up that one bud and next to it is a white one with a little pink that has about 3 buds.....Once you get the hang of it these guys are so easy to take care of.......I water about once a week.......they are cactus but like water a little more than your regular cactus......i put enough water in so a little sits in the bottom of the wrappers then about an hour later come back and dump out whatever water is remaining. Get a feel of the weight of the pot when the soil is wet..Then  just repeat whenever they start feeling really light when you pick them up..........Its one of those plants i KNOW i can keep alive..... :) 

PS.....no artwork to show.......still working on that super secret project i don't want to jinx.........By the time i can tell you about it you'll forget and you'll be like what secret project........sigh.......Well hang in there i'm almost done working on it then at least i can show you some other artsy stuff.....Hugs! deb

1 comment:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I love Christmas cactus and you have that pink color I adore.....I can't grow them....xox