Friday, April 12, 2013

Home Tour and Flowers............


..............Last purple flower and now onto orange....the LAST color...whew!  You know spring is gonna turn into summer before i get these in the mail......lol......I need to start creating things for Spring in Winter and Summer in Spring and so on...My projects always take longer than i think they will, they seem to take on a life of their own......probably cause i'm the World's Worst Procrastinator.......Some days i swear i should have that tattooed somewhere.......... 


I thought ....just maybe.......you might like to see some more of the house.........I keep finding homes for some of my Texas Treasures that i thought worthy enough to drag all the way from TX. You never know what direction your life is gonna take and come to find out alot of the stuff we brought we probably should have left behind......like a rototiller.......duh......postage stamp yard.......stove.......duh.....house came with one.......frig.....oh no, no NO! My frig is AWESOME....one day i WILL tell you the story of the frig but for right now meet my porthole! LOL!  We found this at an Auction in TX. There were two but i only wanted one at the time now i wish i had bought two....sigh......I think it goes perfectly with my beachy bathroom.....The bottles of sand i collect from all the beaches i've been to.....The seashell plant hanger was from an auction too.......I still can't decide if its tacky or adorable either way its speaks Beach!

I hope your able to enlarge this photo.....The painting was done by my mother in law back in the 80's and i have loved it from the moment i laid eyes on it. It is best viewed from a distance.....I'm not sure why that is......Its like up close you can see what might be considered by some imperfections but when you step back and take in the whole picture it just comes alive. I love her play on light thru the trees. Its done in oil.  The black metal tree above it is a recent purchase from Hobby Lobby.  One of my desires in the house is to not shy away from the vaulted ceilings but to embrace them....So my decorating is going to go up, up , up.......lol That little space below the picture is going to have the first letter of our last name covered in moss......stay tuned...

..........I know you've seen this picture before.......My Luna Moth....Zazzle where i have alot of my artwork was giving its members free posters!! Big posters! So i said heck yeah all i had to do was pay shipping....This is about a$15 poster on their website..... Here it is in poster frame and i bought the frame too large.....&^##%^!!*^%%***!!! So now i have to buy a matte for it before i hang it but i wanted to show you. It is soooo cool seeing my art blown up this large . Wow!  You don't wanna know where i'm gonna hang it.......sigh .....but i'll tell you anyway...... Hubby says...Your first piece of artwork hanging on our walls and your gonna put it in the bathroom??!! LOL!  Hugs! deb

2 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

House is looking good! Wowza, great poster I love that painting of yours. How is zazzle going for you? xox

Eileen Bergen said...

Your mother-in-law's painting has a Kincaid look to it. beautiful use of light.

I'm not too sure about the moss-covered letter; but I'll withhold judgement to see what you come up with ;-)

How cool to have a poster of your own art! I agree with your hubby.