Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Feathers............

I have been seeing feathers everywhere i look on the internet. Etsy and artist web pages...just feathers floating around everywhere! 


And i think the are so lovely and unique...no two the same. Such wonderful imaginations people have.......


I wanted to try my hand at drawing my own...you know...see if i could do it and have it actually LOOK like a feather...I decided to combine my attempt with figuring out something to do with these brown , funny shaped card blanks i scored for 50cents (pkg of 8) at a craft store that have been collecting dust for years....


Thats why the feather is curved so much. Now i do not have alot of experience making cards. I had trouble getting the paper to stick using a glue stick so i ended up using some matte decoupage medium, which worked beautifully.  Not all the edges are perfect...and while that bothers me a little i remind myself ...this is not about achieving perfection......


You know i'm just not a fan of using type written letters on artwork. I see it alot along with book pages and the like used in artwork and while its ...okay...i'm just not crazy about it....I'd rather see something hand lettered........Even if the lettering is again...not perfect....

Now my writing is not the best but i still think it lends something to the card rather than take away from it.....Don't you agree?

8 comments:

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Lovely feather....you are right they are everywhere. xox

CraftyViolet said...

Love it! Really nice card. I hope you photocopied your feather so you can print it out and use it over and over? I like your lettering. I don't like my handwriting at all so I never use it on cards...sometimes on a scrapbook layout, but never on a card.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

There's that B/W or color question again. WOW, I love your card! and your feather is beautiful.

Karenliz said...

Love your feather! I've been using them lately too. Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment (Julie Pichard workshops)!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Beautiful card! I love that feather - amazing detail and gorgeous color! Thanks for visiting my blog jinxxxy!

Paper rainbow said...

Greetings from Paper Rainbow! So glad I found you LoVe your feathers and your artwork! I think we have many themes in common! Your pencil sketching is fabulous :)

Eileen Bergen said...

Your feathers are gorgeous, Deb!

I'm always a few steps behind. I just started doing birds which everyone seemed to be doing. They're so cute.

And it seems the doodle word has moved on. lol.

I love the round card as well.

Deana Hager said...

Thanks for the visit to my blog...yes, I really must start posting more often, I usually post to my other blog http://thebarefootcook.blogspot.com/

Deana