Thursday, May 9, 2013

MailArt LOVE!!!!



Post card Swap!!  I usually don't enter Swaps.....I don't like the pressure of time constraints...even when they are generous....but i entered one thru June's blog 'A Creative Dreamer' . Above is the painting i made on a piece of cereal box. The gold and blue is painted on and the moon is a piece of a wallpaper sample i snagged a few years a go. The stars are sequins and i have some real doubts they will survive the trip thu the mail...i know this because one of them fell off in the car on the way to the postoffice......sigh.......This postcard was sent to Laurie...

.........and just the other day i opened my mail box to this lovely piece of art from Cherie! Isn't it amazing??! If you follow the link to her blog (i hope it works) you can see the step by step how this girl came to 'life'! Thank you so much Cherie! And thank YOU June for hosting!!! And for those of you who have never tried MailArt...Grab a piece of cereal box  , put some paint on it or collage on it or a mixture of both and make sure the address is clearly visable and send a little piece of art thru the mail! You can do it!!You'll brighten someone's day. Send me one! And i'll send you one right back!!!Hugs! deb

6 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Cool art, both sent and received! I have never done mail art, but I'm thinking I'll give it a try.

jinxxxygirl said...

I hope you will Carol. And if you ever do I hope you'll count me in for exchanging some with you! Hugs! deb

CraftyViolet said...

I think I'll try that too. My grandkids would get a kick out of getting something like that from their Grandma. Thanks for the idea.
Love your postcard - very cool.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I have been doing lots of swaps but I am so behind between work and getting ready for this art fair....who knew it would be all consuming. I need to send about 30 pieces of mail out this week - yikes - better get going....xox

Cherie Burbach said...

So glad you like it! (And that it made it in one piece.) I never thought of using a cereal box. Should have done that!

Eileen Bergen said...

They're both wonderful. I do hope June coordinates another swap It's a lot of work I know, especially since June sent one of hers to every participant!