Friday, June 7, 2013

A Winner and a Reveal.........



Charlo.....Violet....Carol and Judy...I put all your names in the hat...swished them around and pulled one out! And the winner is................................JUDY!!!! Judy you must have 'first timer's LUCK'!!! Just email your snail mail address to nuleaf at comcast dot net........Congrats!!! Thanks so much to everybody for playing along!
****  Now here we go! I put paint on canvas!  Remember a little while ago i said i wanted to see if i could translate one of my doodles done with colored pencil onto canvas using acrylic paint...Colored pencil on the left here and the canvas on the right....


I just picked a spot and started........I decided to start with the door......

Then i ran into a problem........a 'Deb' problem........one that has held me hostage many times........I fell in love with the door i painted......i was afraid to touch the canvas again because i might screw it up......and then what.....? I'd have this perfect door in the middle of a totally screwed up canvas.......So i sat and stewed about it for a while.....gave myself pep talks.......procrastinated some more...You can see in the picture above my next step was to paint that ropey looking thing around the door.....I finally took the plunge yesterday and put a base coat down for the ropey thing. Now i have to add the details to it...the shading etc...... I tried to get a better picture of the door for you but my camera wasn't having it.....to me it truly came out looking just like a wood door.....

***I hope as time goes on i will become more confident with my painting......i hope so because it can not continue this way or it will take me years to complete one painting.......and i have so many paintings in mind already.... Even thought i've really just started this painting i already see where i will do some things differently on the next one........This canvas is suppose to be pre-primed ...but i think next time i will put gesso on it to smooth it out.... I think gesso will smooth out all the little bumps right?......I will  be using a Pitt pen to outline some things and i'm worried about the texture of the canvas messing with that....we'll just have to see.........Also i'm not liking the 'give' of the canvas...i like a hard surface......so maybe canvas is not the substrate for me.....maybe wood?? i don't know...i have a couple canvases ....so i'll use them up then maybe look for something else......Thanks so much for stopping by! 

**Hubby wished me a  Happy Anniversary at 4am this morning when he got up for work......I managed to mumble it back to him with a hug and kiss before i rolled back over and snored some more.....lol......We're not planning anything big this year hoping that Hawaii will be in the cards for next year......California has been tough on us financially.....seems like if its not one thing its another ......Hubby gets more pay here than TX but it costs more to live here too!  Hugs! deb

5 comments:

CraftyViolet said...

Congratulations to the winner!

I know how you feel about ruining something you start that you like - been there, done that and got mad at myself too but I'm getting better at just going for it!

Happy Anniversary! Here's wishing you many more.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Happy Anniversary
I think your pencil art is fabulous. I'm sure you will figure out all the questions you worry about with paint.
xx, Carol

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Happy Anniversary.....glad you got to sleep some more.......yes Cali is probably way more than TX....it's never all roses eh...xox

gamma3 said...

HAPPY HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! and many more. i know you guys, and there will be more. you two are special. enjoy the prep. for the next one, and love the time getting there.

Eileen Bergen said...

Happy anniversary to you both, Deb!

Good luck with the canvas. I absolutely love that round door and hope it translates well.

It makes me think of leprechauns and hobbits and all kinds of whimsical fairy folk ;-)