Monday, June 17, 2013

Communication...........


........is so important in a marriage.......unfortunately even after 24 years its not something hubby and i do well........Sometimes we still expect each other to be able to read the other's mind....... Above is the picture i initially wanted to capture....A 'closeup' of my new walk lights with their fabulous crackle and my white alyssum spilling out of the pot and my Sugar Daddy petunias blooming their heads off.......and a little bit of the orange daylily that was nearby.



And in between trying to get just the right angle....deciding whether to flash or not to flash...(as it was early evening) i did a lot of sighing and complaining.....hubby telling me to lie on the ground.....i did not want to lie on the ground....durn it......lol........until he finally took matters in to his own hands.....laid on the ground and took this shot below......

He took about 5 pictures and handed the camera back to me .  As i reviewed his shots i realized they were all very different from mine...In all that huffing and puffing i never once communicated with him that i was looking for a tight shot.....i just somehow expected him to KNOW what i wanted and what i was looking for...It just goes to show you never really stop learning about the nuances of your relationship....never stop learning new and hopefully better ways to communicate......Apparently i still have to drill in my head...'The man cannot read my mind!!!' LOL!  But in the end i have a bug's eye view of my front walk to show you with the solar walk lights and beautiful orange day lilies...... lovely shot isn't it?  This is one of the reasons we both take our cameras on our adventures......i love to see what we come up with , with our different perspectives......Hope you had a fabulous Father's Day weekend.......ours was very relaxed.......the kids remembered to call their DAD......and thats really what its all about isn't it?  To be remembered.........Hugs! deb

5 comments:

Lori said...

I think they are both good shots! It's all about perspective.

I remind myself a lot that John can't read my mind, although usually I am saying pretty much whatever is on it, so we're all good LOL!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Lovely front approach to your home! Unfortunately what we have found is that we cannot always make our mouth say what our mind is thinking. I honestly do think we read each other's finds, though. After almost 42 years, maybe we just anticipate what the other is thinking from experience . Who knows. What I say is that if doesn't cause an unthoughtful exchange of words...its alll gooood.
xx, Carol

CraftyViolet said...

I like both shots too. Your front entrance looks very inviting. Not many of us are mind readers but I swear hubby and I seem to be most of the time. We come up with the same suggestion for supper, where to go,what to do, etc. all the time. Photography is not his thing though. He hates it when I give him the camera to take a picture and I'm a photoholic...according to my kids.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

House is looking GOOD! Yes, we do think we can read each others minds and sometimes we do! xox

Kathy said...

Wish the mind reading thing worked a little better in my house :-)
I have a couple of those very same crackle solar lights in my garden - they are so pretty and so is your entry way.